anfrey's gda

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whats an ALK? And I know how you feel Anf. I just wish there was more money.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ALK = anti lift kit... basically stiffer control arm bushings and better brackets/mounts that allow for more caster, better toe control, and tighter turn-ins... i'm mostly likely gonna just go with the stiffer bushings rather than the whole shabang.

in related news, my title arrived yesterday in the mail =) the car is now officially 100% mine.

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Go see Scott Klepinger on CR 12. He's a Subi guru. He's always got folks bringin' 'em to him.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Go see Scott Klepinger on CR 12. He's a Subi guru. He's always got folks bringin' 'em to him.
haha yeah, my friend rob told me about him. he's gonna do some of the bodywork on the car and probably the clutch if i can't get a few hands here for it

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a small handful of photos i shot this afternoon with my phone... no changes to the car since the last update...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh boy that is one sexy ride. Makin me want a WRX :D

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh my god dude I wish I could. Once the money is there I definitely plan to. Until then, I will just dream about yours.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
picked up some rear extenders for my coilovers, so i can adjust the rear dampers without having to remove the back seat. however, it's missing one of the locking hex nuts. i contacted BC and they're sending me a set of replacement hex nuts in the mail. in fact, it's already been shipped =)

these will be installed as soon as the nut arrives. it's gonna look like my rear seats have antennas lol

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
very nice anfrey does it click when you turn it left or right? just wondering

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
very nice anfrey does it click when you turn it left or right? just wondering
they sure do =) 30 clicks from one end to the other... unfortunately i don't have seperate bound/rebound adjustments. those coilovers cost an extra $500

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
That thing looks sooo good, im lovin the stance
:thumbs up
thanks! she's gonna get lifted come winter, slightly higher than stock so i can go play in empty fields :D

it's 5am and i just put on the rear extenders for my coilovers :D this means i won't have to take off the rear seat any more to adjust the rear dampers. there's antennae coming from my seats!

here's a few other shots i took just now as well

ignore the dirty windows and the mess in the car. still haven't unpacked and cleaned from the phish trip. the broadway mirror is on backwards because otherwise the compass part of the mirror gets covered and the top part of the mirror section becomes revealed. i love my orange fuzzy dice. yes, i am aware they dangle like fuzzy orange balls. i still love 'em. the phish window cling (vinyl, no adhesive) was a xmas present from bunny and complements the car quite well methinks... <3

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so, the extenders rock. i don't have to roll with my backseat off when i go for test drives any more =) maybe i should bolt them down now...

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the fact that WRX back seats don't fold down still boggles the mind.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the fact that WRX back seats don't fold down still boggles the mind.
agreed. all we get is a tiny little pass-through. i think it's due to how the rear suspension is mounted. if the seats folded down, ugly metalwork, the spun up rear seat belts, and other random crap would be exposed to the average consumer.