Anyone GSR swap in EX ?

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
so i finally got the motor in the car. hooked everything up. all im waiting on is the jumper harness, p/s pressure hose and the gsr throttle cable . otherwise it's all done ! it will be on the road by sat !!!!

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
i finally got the motor in the car and everything hooked up. all im waiting on is the jumper harness, throttle cable and a p/s hose. and it will be done ! SATURDAY BABY !

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so are u reaplacing the PS hose cuz on my swap the hose was a lil diferent and it lookd a lil a b***h to replace the hose well so how was it ? was i right ? did you do it from the bottom or the top ? i would suggest you make sure all the fluids are OK coolant especialy let run for about 2min and then open the rad. cap and put some more make sure every thing looks good you should see some smoke come out of the under the motor its fine its oil burning for the header you touched let it idel goor a good 10min at lest, keep an eye on the temp, leaks , funny noises and GET READY 4 VTAKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
ya pretty much everything we talked about was right. i used the engine harness from the ex and had to do a little cutting on it. but everything pretty much snapped right in. i used the si mounts for the the rear and drivers side. no problem there. i had a little trouble with the distributor wires but we figured it out pretty quick. i got everything in, and we are replacing the p/s hose, and ya it was TOUGH taking it out. we drained and refilled all the fluid lines and now were just waiting on the p/s hose , the throttle cable and the jumper harness. the harness should come in today. i pick up the other two on sat. and THEN..... i drive it home !! YES SIR ! we had an engine jack so we dropped it in from the top. ill let you know how it goes on sat ! preciate the help bro !!!

civic_hatch2032

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000 Civic Ex

I Have A 2000 Civic Ex With A Poor Man's Type-r. It Pulls So Damn Hard. You Are Gonna Have Fun With The Gsr In Your Coupe

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I Have A 2000 Civic Ex With A Poor Man's Type-r. It Pulls So Damn Hard. You Are Gonna Have Fun With The Gsr In Your Coupe

what set up do you have

there is a kid here in okc with a busted LSvtc i mean this thing leaks just about everything but it fkn runs hard neck to neck with a C5

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
the 1 is all stock except i have a stage one exedy clutch. the rest of the car has greddy evo2 exhaust . i had a short shifter. it's lowered and i got lightweight rims. hids, headlights, taillights tint. you know.. the usual. im tryin to hit the motor some more. im gonna get a better intake mani, and headers to squeeze some power out of it.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you know some times i think goin N/A is a joke i mean you spend all this money in cams headers intake and your still slow only if i had money for BOOSTT

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
FINALLY ! i got the swap in and this thang is TIGHT! it pulls so hard ! i love it. i got one question. my mph gauge is not working. just curious if it's a wire or a plug. has anyone had that problem before ?

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you plug the speedo sensor back in ?? i was so xided i for got to do that is the sensor that is on the back/top of the tranny were you put your tranny fluid in

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont think the wires would take a dump on you but the sensor will try that

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
also which power steering pump and power line did you use ? the gsr one just aint workin. there are too many bends

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i used the pump from the gsr and the lines from the ex

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
what year motor do you have. i have an obd1 motor. the holes where the bolts go dont match up correctly.