anyone smart with loans and stuff?

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright well hers my question i have someonw who wants to trade his car for mine we both have loans out on are cars and i was wondering if how that would work or if you can even do it. he told me its called change of collateral? dose anyone know anything about this?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
He takes over your payments, you take over his...along with his interest. How much do you owe on your car? How much does he owe? Basically the bank or the creditor just wants their money, they don't care who pays it. I'm pretty sure that's right, never had to deal with it personally so if someone could confirm this.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
his pay off is around 14k and mine is 17k his credit credit is better then mine

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kensai has the right idea. When you swap your loans they should (more than likely will) recheck your credit for the loan to see what your payments will consist of. Most of the time they will keep it the same unless they feel you are a high risk. Then they can raise your payments, interest, or just deny the swap. The hardest part will be getting both of your finical institutions to agree on the trade.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah im pretty sure its not gonna happen, damn i really wanted a s2k to = (

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I thought you were having problems with keeping your car on the road as it is?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you owe 17k on a subie and are thinking about trading :shock:

edit: age = 20.. wait till your a litlte older, you will understand

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you owe 17k on a subie and are thinking about trading :shock:

edit: age = 20.. wait till your a litlte older, you will understand
:word: I found out the hard way. I should've waited till I was older, now i understand. My credit is f**ked for being ignorant at a young age.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if i trade then i wouldnt o so much and carpayments wouldnt be as high either so i could drive this one lol insted of it sitting like my subie dose

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when you transfer titles you will have to finance his car. If your credit is no bueno then obviously your payments are going to be high along with the interest rate. You cant just trade payments

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
when you transfer titles you will have to finance his car. If your credit is no bueno then obviously your payments are going to be high along with the interest rate. You cant just trade payments
Well, you could, but you're both risking your credit if someone doesn't make payments.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think that depends on either the state or the insurance company. My insurance company will ONLY insure your car under your name if your name is on the title.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes it does depend on the insurance.

When coverage does apply with this type of policy, no Comprehensive or Collision coverage applies for any vehicle you drive. In other words, it does not repair damages for the vehicle you are driving. It only provides liability coverage which is bodily injury coverage for others and property damage (coverage to other vehicles) up to the policy limits.

Non owner policies were designed for a person that does not own any vehicles and does not have regular access to a particular vehicle, including work related vehicles. Additionally, you cannot add any drivers to this type of policy. Only the named insured (the person who was issued the policy) will have coverage.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to be a douche this post is trying to be helpful as im 21 and have 15k in car payments left too. I bought what I could afford, 2008 Mazda B2300 2wd reg cab. I could've bought a V6 4wd extended cab but I could not afford that in the long term and fuel efficiency. My payments are $150 Bi-weekly at 0%, I believe I made an awesome choice. It looks like you should've bought a regular Impreza or just a WRX or turboed your old 4g4d.

How would your insurance company rate the s2k? its considered a two seater convertible sports car. As fast and sporty as the STi is, its a 5 seater 4 door. Also maybe you should not keep spending all your disposable income on upgrades? I know we are all enthusiasts here and that what alot of us live and breathe but what it worth if you can drive the car or afford the payments? In your other thread you have a set of new rims and are looking into purchasing a COBB access port tuner and making an exhaust. I know it says your making one but even if that costs say $20, that's $20 that you can use on half a tank of gas.

You may want to look at selling the car for as much as you can and try to break even and buy an EK civic or something affordable that you can make low payments and have payed off in less than a year and have WAY cheaper insurance. Just some food for thought and my 2 cents.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i coulda bout a wrx but the sti was MUCH nicer and when i was make $17 a hour and didnt have anything els to payfor it wasnt a problem .now as for my car its all back to stock sold all the aftermarket s**t i got for free for it.. if i could go back to making 17 or even 15 a hour i would be fine. i guess it will just keep sitting keeps me out of trouble plus i dont mine driving my durango