ARGH!!! Idle problems

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ARGH!!! Idle problems UPDATED AGAIN!!! 4/24 MORE PICS!!!!!

well i went to pick my car up today and couldn't get it...theres a problem witht he idle...it goes up and down and they dunnow hats wrong so i decided to post on here. The o2 sensors were all replaced as well as the throttle body...PLESE someone help me and tell me whats wrong...

southernimage

5+ Year Member
b16bang said:
well i went to pick my car up today and couldn't get it...theres a problem witht he idle...it goes up and down and they dunnow hats wrong so i decided to post on here. The o2 sensors were all replaced as well as the throttle body...PLESE someone help me and tell me whats wrong...
Its most likely your idle air control valve.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is it just me or are u having a lot of problems with this car lately?

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tnk said:
is it just me or are u having a lot of problems with this car lately?
think its you cuz this is the first problem with the car...=.=....

2QCK4U2

Hate To Lose
5+ Year Member
2 Valves

There are 2 valves that control Idle. 1 is the IAC located on the intake and the other is attached to the throttle body (the fast idle control valve). Which one did you replace? I am having the same problem so I bought a new ECU and have a IAC coming. According to the Honda service manual If you check the leads running to it and it checks good it is the ECU. I just worked backwards.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GARG!!!! this is pissin me off...i don't think i'ma buy this car anymore...meh...i just set up an appointment with a guy to check out his car...says everything is running perfectly and its damn near $500 cheaper...so thats $500 towards my b18c swap.... =).. its also a '94 civic...and its black...it had a new paint job but it recently got some damage on the fender he says..the size of two hands...so i'm thinkin about how much thats gonna be to fix.....how much do you guys think?

2QCK4U2

Hate To Lose
5+ Year Member
b16bang said:
GARG!!!! this is pissin me off...i don't think i'ma buy this car anymore...meh...i just set up an appointment with a guy to check out his car...says everything is running perfectly and its damn near $500 cheaper...so thats $500 towards my b18c swap.... =).. its also a '94 civic...and its black...it had a new paint job but it recently got some damage on the fender he says..the size of two hands...so i'm thinkin about how much thats gonna be to fix.....how much do you guys think?
Well New Z-3 style fenders or something like that would be resonable. Or just cut you loses and go for the swap. Not sure what you are asking for a price on.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
less than $4500.... really less than $4000 but i'm gettin sorta desperate right now -.-

kdxrider9262

5+ Year Member
Vacume lines???i could be stupid...im not sure if civics even have them. lawl... or your brake booster???

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kk..fixed the problem...it was another O2 sensor i think near the cat converter or header area...but anyways it passed emissions from what i was told...

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea..well...it idles alot better but still seems to go up and down (very minimally) but ah well....next meet if its not fixed then someone can help me out. I got the car today..driving home getting used to driving manual cuz i haven't driven stick in x many years..lol. Whats that smell that smells like...a fart after i park? Is it the clutch breakin in? (clutch is basically new)

**EDIT** : PICS COMING SOON..... :twisted:

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
From what I have read the fart smell after you drive it for a while is an old cat converter. Gets dirty and when it heats up it stinks. I dont know about the clutch... could be that but I've never heard of that.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm....kk....if i replaced the cat converter would i be able to use the same cat on my swapped b18 or b16?

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
hmm....kk....if i replaced the cat converter would i be able to use the same cat on my swapped b18 or b16?
Yes.

hondadna

Rep the 330!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the IAC is new then The frist thing you might wont to check is your coolent if its low your idle will do that, and if your water pump is going bad that will happen too