ARGH!!! Idle problems

moparfan

5+ Year Member
hopefully you have this problem fixed by now but...chances are the problem was the fast idle valve came loose, theres the plastic "nut" thats threads out over time which causes the fast idle valve to be open all the time...easy fix, doesnt even have to be removed from the intake...just take the two screws off the metal plate on the end to access it, tighten up the plastic nut and put the metal plate back on, youre done.
another thing, which i doubt cause it should be checked often...the coolant is low.
could have blockage in the coolant lines going to/from the fast idle valve and/or iacv

just trying to help, hopefully not repeating someone else here...

kdxrider9262

5+ Year Member
no help but props to your camera! LOL looks amazing

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FIXED IT!!! it was the plastic nut thingy, all is well now. When it starts up its a bit wavery but evens out in a few seconds. car is in great condition now! i'm so relieved...Thanks much to you guys for stickin with me, you guys were really helpful.

kdxrider9262 said:
no help but props to your camera! LOL looks amazing
thanx lol, its the Canon SD450, real nice and durable as well. Just need a bigger memory card, right now i only have the 16mb one...gonna upgrade to the GB one though so a big leap LOL!