Not open for further replies.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
10 bucks says he hasnt done s**t except stickers , autozone intake and fart can.

dancam

Registered VIP
Lol, why cant you get 300hp out of a 1.8? I have an old 1.3L mazda motor in mine that makes 63hp and guys bore that out to 1.6 and turbo it and make like 150-160hp with the same crank. Shouldnt be that difficult to triple the power on a 1.8! Lol.
But why not just put an audi 1.8 in there and twin turbo it to 450hp?
Or put a 160hp 2.0L turbo cobalt ss motor in there and start building. Wiring harnesses are fun =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The turbo cobalt has may more power than that.

It costs so much more to make that kind of power N/A from a Bseries, you could have three turbo Bseries with that kind of power for the same money.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I don't care what you think is stupid so be out.. I'm gonna slam it and push the wheels out cuz it looks sexxy.. also I wasn't planning on using just the b18 I wanted to keep the block and get a vtec head, or maybe get a b18c cuz they're vtec right? And I'm also just learning so if you hear something that doesn't sound right, relax and dont act crazy I'm hear to learn more...

How's that gonna ruin it?

Stance + 300whp dream = going nowhere, ruining tires. The car will not be functional.. you won't be able to use any of the power you worked for due to the stance and the look you want is not compatible with any kind of power delivery to the wheels when only 15% of the usable grip is on the ground.

Most bang for the buck- go LS-vtec and pick up a b16 or gsr head, get a proton nitrous wet kit, header and exhaust and go get the car tuned, you'll safely hit with a 75 shot around 265 and will be able to street the car and spray for some fun.

I've built a 350hp turbo b-series, it is unpleasant to drive on the street and the trouble you get in far outweighs the fun you have.

Have a relatively built b16 (crower 2 na cams, valves, seals, retainers, head studs and gasket (IM, Head) 60mm tb) with a little spray and it's fun to daily and when you want/need a little bump using an s300 + 75 wet kit w/ wot switch you can have some fun for not a ton of money.

BUT you're going to have to decide between usable power and aesthetics.. going stance negates any power you make. it's just a fact of physics.

THIS-
It costs so much more to make that kind of power N/A from a Bseries, you could have three turbo Bseries with that kind of power for the same money.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
this kid must be very young. everybodys most likely wasting their breath even trying to coach this kid. there is loads of research that needs to be done before he even takes a wrench near his car, and all of that info can be easily found without making a pointless thread like this

dancam

Registered VIP
The turbo cobalt has may more power than that.

Yes, i meant to type 260 but hit the 1 instead, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You noobs! :lol: This thread was bumped from May...

It's safe to say the dude probably isn't coming back (he hasn't even logged in since 5/17, only 43 days after he joined.

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.