Bit of a problem.with lx sedan

EJoe1

Hey everyone thanks for the help
So what is going on is for some reason when I turn key on my 95 lx sedan the check engine light will sometimes stay on especially if its raining and will remain on for anywhere from 3 to 20 mins before going off and allowing start up . Upon CEL turning off you will hear a click at drivers feet and fuel pump will kick on . On dry days it may take 3 mins for 1st start of the day after that functions normally but on wet or rainy days may take 20 mins per start . So my question is is there something wrong and what could it be . Car runs fine aside from all the things I fix from a 20 year old civic seals and gaskets . No interior leaks pretty good little car . I will try and do video and post link thanks again everyone

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Next time you get the CEL, get a code reader and see what it says. That's probably the best way to figure out the source of the problem, rather than just checking and guessing.

EJoe1

Its an everyday issue so ill have to check that ...smh why didnt I think of that

EJoe1

Ok so update when I inserted a paper clip into OBD1 connector srs light started flashing .... was not doing a code just flashing but... cel turned off and I was like ohh ok so we had been doing that but now it has stopped working so need imput again guys n gals so what should I do my CEL does not flash a code when linking the OBD1 together just triggers the SRS light to flash over and over with no way to read it idk what to do ... just so every1 knows this is a actual jdm model lx made in japan idk if that makes a difference but hey any help appreciated thx for reading

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You jumped the blue connector, right? When you did this, in addition to the SRS light flashing, did the CEL light up and at least stay on? If no codes are detected, the light will stay on while the service connector is jumped.

When you went to jump the connectors, was the CEL on just before that? You say it keeps going on and off.. it the CEL is off when you try to pull the code, you won't get an results. You'll need to jump the service connector basically while the issue is occurring. Basically... if you see the CEL, turn off the car and then jump the service connector.

The SRS light sounds like there's no issues. I can't confirm, but if the last post in this thread here is true, your SRS system is functioning fine. This thread is related to an Accord, though. http://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/srs-light-blinking-paperclip-trick-3052698/

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're suppose to count the blinks. Thats how you obtain the code. How did you think it would tell you a code, by speaking like Siri?
:slap:
Read up on how to do the blink test and try it again with somewhere ti right down how many blinks you get.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're suppose to count the blinks. Thats how you obtain the code. How did you think it would tell you a code, by speaking like Siri?
Read up on how to do the blink test and try it again with somewhere ti right down how many blinks you get.
That's his issue... the CEL is not flashing any codes. SRS is flashing, though.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correct me if Im mistaken, but doesnt that signify an SRS issue?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's what I can't determine. If the SRS unit has an issue, it would blink codes similarly to how the CEL would flash them. The fact that it's flashing forever with no end or pattern is what I can't seem to understand.

EJoe1

Ok so I went to check the Ecu for codes when the problem was occurring upon connection the cel shut off and fuel pump kicked in it did not flash .. I counted 70+ flashes from srs light before i determined that it wasnt giving a code then tried it again ..turned off car cel stayed on wouldnt start pined it no code just started working and srs light flashed non stop .. car does have good sized dent in trunk but up high and no bumper dmg as far as I can tell ..clean title

EJoe1

I know how to read a code on obd1 just was not giving out a code no breaks in sequence or any long or short blinks just 70+ blinks all the same