bolts coming off! help!

gugiey

Registered VIP
how has no one here ever heard of safety wire? it was designed for just this reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_wire

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215935
yah if you wanna hack job it ...

course threads are used for general purpose work . especially where rapid assembly / disassemble is required .

fine thread bolts are used where greater force is necessary . they are also used where greater resistance to vibration is desired !

but also you can use just thread lock or what ever you use in the us.

hope this helps dude !!

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yah if you wanna hack job it ...

course threads are used for general purpose work . especially where rapid assembly / disassemble is required .

fine thread bolts are used where greater force is necessary . they are also used where greater resistance to vibration is desired !

but also you can use just thread lock or what ever you use in the us.

hope this helps dude !!
what the hell are you talking about "hack-job"? look at every type of motor sports out there. from everything between rock crawling to 1/4 mile drag. MOST of the cars racing will be using some form of this. This type of application is generally used on exhaust manifolds, differentials, flywheels, and other things along these lines. get your facts straight before you speak.

gugiey

Registered VIP
what the hell are you talking about "hack-job"? look at every type of motor sports out there. from everything between rock crawling to 1/4 mile drag. MOST of the cars racing will be using some form of this. This type of application is generally used on exhaust manifolds, differentials, flywheels, and other things along these lines. get your facts straight before you speak.
your dumb kid .my facts are straight , its my opinion that wire is a hack job . why not just spend a bit of money and make it look clean

wire looks cheap and lazy . if you where taking it to a show you wouldn't want wire showing around all your threads ..

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your dumb kid .my facts are straight , its my opinion that wire is a hack job . why not just spend a bit of money and make it look clean

wire looks cheap and lazy . if you where taking it to a show you wouldn't want wire showing around all your threads ..
1 - not a kid. your two years older then me. get over yourself.
2 - the wire doesnt go on the treads of the bolts. its used to keep them from backing off.
3 - it doesnt look bad if you know what your doing and do it properly. hmmm. just like anything else that is done in life. imagine that.

looks so horrible.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've never heard of those before... awesome though. Looks pretty cool actually, but I'm sure it's a PITA to remove if you ever want to actually remove a bolt.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've never heard of those before... awesome though. Looks pretty cool actually, but I'm sure it's a PITA to remove if you ever want to actually remove a bolt.
actually they are fairly simple to remove. all you have to do is cut the wire. really the only real PITA is getting into tighter areas. you have to learn to preassemble certain things before installing them or get a little more flexible.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
actually they are fairly simple to remove. all you have to do is cut the wire. really the only real PITA is getting into tighter areas. you have to learn to preassemble certain things before installing them or get a little more flexible.
Ahh that makes sense, didn't think about cutting it... lol.

UnderDPressure

I had the same problem with a PFAB log mani...what i done is pulled out one of the studs and went down to the local Fastenal bolts supply store and got slightly longer studs so that the stud will pass through the lock nut..most Ebay manifolds come with thick flanges.so you can have machine shop mill the flange and will cost more or get longer studs which is about $10 bucks..hope this helps.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is very common..

Stage 8 locking bolts PN# 3903 will do ya.. but theyre 50 bucks at summit, but your worries will be gone