bov?

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
yeah doOd, you won't need a 2nd bov. just get a RFL bov if you want it to be loud. My bov sounds like a f**kin videogame bov :shock:

BTW does anyone have that turbo delsol vid, the one with the dual bov's and he almost hits a dog :lol:
chaos might like it
dont get the RFL it is to loud and would get annoying if you use your car for DD. also i hear it is not the best one to get if you are looking for performance. just what i read on other sites so. i would say go with the HKS SSQV or Greddy S

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
dont get the RFL it is to loud and would get annoying if you use your car for DD. also i hear it is not the best one to get if you are looking for performance. just what i read on other sites so. i would say go with the HKS SSQV or Greddy S
He wants a loud one tho

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i personally like the stock effect... 1g DSM BOV, RSX-S Muffler. i want my car to be the least noticeable on the road, and since its red i already fail at that.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stock vehicles use a recirculating system, not an open atmosphere.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i personally like the stock effect... 1g DSM BOV, RSX-S Muffler. i want my car to be the least noticeable on the road, and since its red i already fail at that.
:werd:

I personally like mine quite that's why I have a dsm bov but I've heard that the greddy type s is nice. What's the difference between the greddy type S and the 1g dsm bov? they both look the same to me. Is one louder than the other?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Stock vehicles use a recirculating system, not an open atmosphere.
:what: whats the difference?

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
:what: whats the difference?
Exactly the way it sounds. A recirculating system doesn't vent the intake charge into the atmoshpere, instead it uses a length of tube to allow the charge to circulate between the hot and cold pipes as opposed to just venting out into the atmosphere. A recirculating system is quieter than any open atmosphere BOV which is when you never here a factory turbocharged car make a typical open atmosphere bov sound.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Exactly the way it sounds. A recirculating system doesn't vent the intake charge into the atmoshpere, instead it uses a length of tube to allow the charge to circulate between the hot and cold pipes as opposed to just venting out into the atmosphere. A recirculating system is quieter than any open atmosphere BOV which is when you never here a factory turbocharged car make a typical open atmosphere bov sound.
:???: you can hear a stock dsm's bov

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
:werd:

I personally like mine quite that's why I have a dsm bov but I've heard that the greddy type s is nice. What's the difference between the greddy type S and the 1g dsm bov? they both look the same to me. Is one louder than the other?
Greddy sounds alot sexier... Its not loud, but can be heard.. sounds aggressive... sort of like a PIT TIISSSHH instead of the PISSSSSHHT sound of 1gen DSM... Ill be selling my DSM for a Greddy Type S.. my brother has the Greddy & I love it.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
:???: you can hear a stock dsm's bov
Prolly because that person took off the recir tube and made it an open atmosphere. But at stock DSM is very quiet, it just makes a little chirp if anything but there is no whooshing sound or however you want to describe the charge venting.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
radarblips said:
I can't say I'd find myself getting tired of the sound:drool: Then again I've never ran boost :oops:
i didnt get tired of it on my 1.8t turbo jetta but than again i only had the car for 6 months and it started leakin boost

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
deftone said:
hahha... those 2 things you circled arent bovs, thats intercooler piping. haha i guess its ok your only 16. lol if you love the bov sound get a turboxs rfl. they are loud as f**k, thatd be all you need... omg i cant stop laughing sorry hahahaha

or are you talking about mounting them in those locations? please say thats the case
lol yes the locaction...those things a couplers not bov's trust me im not that much of a noob...just a ricer :P

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i personally think a turbo spooling is 102958230572-09486721937692834769283476927346 times sexier than a BOV niose

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone have or know where there's a sound clip or a vid of a greddy type S bov. I want to hear the difference between type S and my crushed 1g dsm bov. I just wanna know if the greddy is quieter than my current bov

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i personally think a turbo spooling is 102958230572-09486721937692834769283476927346 times sexier than a BOV niose
i agree...i couldnt stop punching my jetta just to hear the spool

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
f**k yeah, I love it :D

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
does anyone have or know where there's a sound clip or a vid of a greddy type S bov. I want to hear the difference between type S and my crushed 1g dsm bov. I just wanna know if the greddy is quieter than my current bov
http://blowoffvalves.com/

go to sounds and video clips or somethen towards the top...

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The RFL is loud real loud, hence the rfl, buddy of mine had one on his 99 si, and another friend on his 2nd gen talon. Both were equally loud, it gets peoples attention quick. It all depends on want you want, the blitz i think if i remember right sounded something like a boomerang going through the air. with that echo.... and not just the chuffffffff