Brake system problems help!!!!

ej1loverr

I have a 95 civic ex non abs, the problems was the brake pedal slowly traveling to the floor while braking, if I tapped the brake pedal a little hard while starting to brake then the car would brake fine, so I decided to get rid of the problem and bought a used brake booster from the junkyard, also got a brand new brake master cylinder, installed everything, bench bled the master cylinder, then bled the whole brake system starting RR,FL,LR,RF , Now am not getting and pressure on the brake pedal, Already checked all the lines to make sure nothing is leaking, and all seems to be in order, Bled the system again and again in all orders i could think of and still not getting and pressure, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THX!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sure your bled the brakes properly and got all of the air out? Vacuum hoses connected?

With replacing those parts, I would imagine the only thing that would cause the pedal to sink like that would be a massive air pocket somewhere in the system. I might try to bench bleed the master cylinder and flush the system again.

ej1loverr

i got it working, after bleeding the system a hundred million times. Now does anybody knows if there's a difference in bleeding a system with ABS? Just picked up a 95 civic with ABS and again the master cylinder is leaking from the back so i gotta change it.... so if anybody knows of a special way to do it on an ABS equipped ej1 it'd be greatly appreciated

civicex95

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to bleed them RR-LR-RF-LF.