Broke into 13's woot woot!

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
my STOCK B18c1 did 14.159 @ 98mph on crappy street tires.....

not much higher then the 13.9
yeah. I did a 14.2 on a '00 si motor.

The difference between us would be location, driver, slicks and the difference between suspension set ups and b18c - b18c1

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my STOCK B18c1 did 14.159 @ 98mph on crappy street tires.....

not much higher then the 13.9
13.9 is still faster than 14.159

so you still dont have the advantage over me ;)

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
13.9 is still faster than 14.159

so you still dont have the advantage over me ;)
...my 14.1 was at 0 psi though. just imagine, if i was at 10 psi like you were.

not to mention, u were on Azenis, i was on Hancooks. that right there is enough to make up for my loss if we raced on the street....

its cool, man. 13.9 is nice and everything, but my goal has been 12's all motor for awhile and thats what im aiming for next spring.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...my 14.1 was at 0 psi though. just imagine, if i was at 10 psi like you were.

not to mention, u were on Azenis, i was on Hancooks. that right there is enough to make up for my loss if we raced on the street....

its cool, man. 13.9 is nice and everything, but my goal has been 12's all motor for awhile and thats what im aiming for next spring.
Your saying somthing different.. Your saying b18c1 has more potential. Im saying d16z6 turbo is better then a stock gsr as it stands..

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your saying somthing different.. Your saying b18c1 has more potential. Im saying d16z6 turbo is better then a stock gsr as it stands..
i dont even believe that. if i had the azenis, i could have easily seen 13.9xx.

but reguardless, OF COARSE its faster! but you have a power adder! its a completely different class!

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
i dont even believe that. if i had the azenis, i could have easily seen 13.9xx.

but reguardless, OF COARSE its faster! but you have a power adder! its a completely different class!
and having a swap is a differnt class as well. I think that a turbo d is almost the same thing as a b series all motor. They should always be in the same class at the drag strip if it was an import only style event. Just like a 4 banger can have a power adder against a v-8, or they are allowed 2 when the v-8 get one (or something like that, I cant remeber and I'm tired)

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and having a swap is a differnt class as well. I think that a turbo d is almost the same thing as a b series all motor. They should always be in the same class.
I agree

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
a stock all motor car shouldnt be in the same class as a car with a power adder installed on it.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a stock all motor car shouldnt be in the same class as a car with a power adder installed on it.
you swapped it in.....its not your stock motor... how is going from 106 hp to 180 hp not a power adder :?:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
and having a swap is a differnt class as well. I think that a turbo d is almost the same thing as a b series all motor. They should always be in the same class at the drag strip if it was an import only style event. Just like a 4 banger can have a power adder against a v-8, or they are allowed 2 when the v-8 get one (or something like that, I cant remeber and I'm tired)
and if thats the case, then i could add a 20 shot of nitrous....they should still be in the same class then, right? or CTR cams....still honda OEM cams....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you swapped it in.....its not your stock motor... how is going from 106 hp to 180 hp not a power adder :?:
you have to be kidding me? a power adder is defined in this industry as a supercharger, n2o, or turbo.

the motor was always 180. always. from the factory. your motor went from 106 to 215. thats from the POWER ADDER!

and at the track, it would still go under a "stock car" class. your car would be in the "power adder class"

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know why you making it so difficult.

Ill put what i feel in cliffs for you.

My 215 is faster than your 170....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have to be kidding me? a power adder is defined in this industry as a supercharger, n2o, or turbo.

the motor was always 180. always. from the factory. your motor went from 106 to 215. thats from the POWER ADDER!

and at the track, it would still go under a "stock car" class. your car would be in the "power adder class"
Motor swaps take you out of stock car classes. In autoX at least you'd be in Pro Street.

Anyway...:wgaf: A fast car is a fast car.

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
and if thats the case, then i could add a 20 shot of nitrous....they should still be in the same class then, right? or CTR cams....still honda OEM cams....

nope nitrous would be 2 power adders. If you did the d with turbo and nitrous, then the b deserves 1 adder.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah son

Motor swaps take you out of stock car classes. In autoX at least you'd be in Pro Street.

Anyway...:wgaf: A fast car is a fast car.
:werd:

or street mod for scca

nope nitrous would be 2 power adders. If you did the d with turbo and nitrous, then the b deserves 1 adder.
:werd:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I mean, I prefer b series motors, but I have respect for a car that performs well, I don't care how it gets there. Hell if my car came with a d series I'd probably go the same route you did, but it didn't so I'm working with it. This argument will never end, so the best thing is to refrain from starting it in the first place.

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
yep, because then we would have to move on the the b series k series argument, and I dont have the energy for that.