carlton585's TURBO build up. + some other cars/pics :D

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy Brandon, carlton585 on here and other boards, is going through an extensive process of modding the car, so I'll take the liberty of just posting it for him. I know he'll say something to me when he finds out I'm posting it all for him hahahahah

Back in the day. Rimzzz suspension, interior.

Pwning the 96-98 front end.

New front end

And now to today. I hope he doesn't mind me spilling the beans.

Plan is to toss on the turbo kit, run the wastegate spring for the 6 psi to begin with. Street tune it, then get it to a dyno and tune it our properly and get a high boost map for like 9 psi.

It's a modified drag kit. Cast manifold, custom FMIC piping and such, custom downpipe. The downpipe that comes with kit is extremely restricted by having harsh bends to avoid interfering with AC. Car doesn't have AC, so we've got a nice big free flowing DP that will also have a recirculating wastegate dump feeding into it.

Modified BOV and such... otherwise nothing extreme.

Probably just cleaning up the engine bay to begin with, basic mods like spark plug wires for color, we're painting the valve cover, and then after it's been boosted for a bit, possibly build the motor a bit for more power.

:D

The dual DIN block off we fabed up for the gauges and turbo timer and boost controller.

Fun :D

And now some other fun cars.

Our friend's all motor hatch.

No motor pics or anything, but it's a CX for super light shell, S2000 blue seats to match blue interior, EM1 si B16a2 that's awaiting a built block, Toda stroker kit, Toda VTEC killers, ITB's, other fun stuff :D

A'PEX coilover, Wed Sports, full disc brakes. It's quite fun.

His brothers turbo hatch

It started its life as a sleeved LS, FULL-RACE turbo kit, b16 tranny with Quaife LSD. Made like 430 wheel horsepower, oil pump seized and went BOOM.

Now is a hellaciously built LS/VTEC with that tranny, sleeved LS block, built b16 head, other stuff. I'm hoping it's a beast :D

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow thase are some good pics. good luck on the turbo :thumbs up

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
great job on the center console guage plate :thumbs up

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good pics keep us updated

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds and looks good

question.

If he has a 96-98 car with a 99-00 that means his ac controls are still 96-98

how are you doing the double din ? he would have no usable settings unless you did the full swap?

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hatch_Of_Doom said:
it has full Si interior.
is that the answer to my question?

you guys did that heater core transplant?

carlton585

Slow Motion
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
is that the answer to my question?

you guys did that heater core transplant?
Yeah, the complete wiring/heater core, etc, swap from 1998spec (manual a/c controls) to the 1999-2000spec (electonic a/c controls) was done. Everything works fine. Except that I stripped the a/c for the turbo setup. :shock:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
some bad ass looking cars. keep that s**t up.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
carlton585 said:
Yeah, the complete wiring/heater core, etc, swap from 1998spec (manual a/c controls) to the 1999-2000spec (electonic a/c controls) was done. Everything works fine. Except that I stripped the a/c for the turbo setup. :shock:
:worthy: the mother of diy's

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More pics. I'm dumb and made this thread while Brandon made the other, so I'll just copy/paste and post in both.

Interior in the 5th gen. CX shell, blue interior, decided to keep it blue and toss in blue S2k seats and do something a little different.

It's motor. Doesnt need intake or other mods like that because it will be receiving ITB's. VC needs finished sandblasting and powdercoated and built up this summer

CLEAN SHELL. Stock paint and body and everything.

Downpipe for the turbo SOHC. Doesn't have the flex pipe or o2 sensor bungs in it yet, but this is the general shape.

Dirty f**king engine bay. Needs to be cleaned up, and it will be. We managed to paint the VC, we're gonna just block sand the HONDA lettering and call it a day on that. Once the car is actually running, the motor bay will be detailed EXTENSIVELY.

But yeah... he's leaving power steering and cruise control. His personal preference. I think cruise control looks f**king UGLY and I never use it, but oh well.

Checking fitment and B/S and wiring gauges

My favorite thing to take pics of from the night there. Keep in mine, LS/VTEC full-race turbo. You figure out what's going on with the valvetrain :D

carlton585

Slow Motion
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Crane Roller Rocker Setup. Toda VTEC Killer Block Off Plate. Toda Timing Belt. That EF is SICK.

JMagic21824

Mmmmmkay.....
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pics, really like the custom block-off plate. However, I would NEVER ditch my a/c, especially livin down here the south, but good luck the the turbo!

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loving the all motor hatch and the turbo crx :thumbs up

everything is clean fo sho th0 :thumbup: