Cell Phone Technology geek?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesnt it seem like the tech changes every two weeks? from the iphone4 to the andriod stuff. i havent been keepin up with it. i got a prepaid plan blackberry now that gets the job done. but all my buddies got the latest and greatest shits out there so teach me what i need to know or what are you waiting for next year? im probably thinkin about gettin a smartphone next yr with all the bells and whistles. whats my best choice? as far as carrier, 4g 3g speeds and single person pricing. thanks.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
carriers, it all really depends on where you live, here att is the best, then tmobile beleive it or not, verizon blows donkey balls and sprint , you mine as well pick up a tree limb and make a call, it will prolly ring faster than using a sprint phone, as far as "greatest" they are all getting better, blackberrys new 6.0 os is pretty decent, android is now releasing phones with the new android os called "gingerbread" which is pretty cool, and iphone is well, iphone with a face camera. its just the norm for them. all in all i prefer iphone. i keep goin back to it, just cause the ease of use. and apps are way better than the android market apps and blackberry apps are just sad. so ya if i missed anything just ask, im a undercover cellphone nerd

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Android is the best on the market, IMO. iPhone has battery life over droid, it's actually A LOT better. Androids getting better by the day, but right now, if I HAD to choose between an Android or iPhone for battery life, it'd be the iPhone hands down. If I had to choose for customization, openness, and anything else, Android hands down.

Few simple pointers.

If you're going to be using it for browsing the internet, watching movies or looking at photos, iPhone.
If you want a phone with a GREAT display, SUPER sweet features, customization, constant updates, Android.

Overall impression, I'd choose the Droid, specifically the Nexus S because of it's AMOLED screen and other features, but mainly it's screen. Since I'm on Verizon, and do not plan on switching, I'd get the Samsung Fascinate.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my brother got the mytouch4g. and its pretty slick. hopefully ill be facetiming next year lol. thanks for your input guys. ill be waiting for a iphone4gs or if the next droid will be something to think about or idk whomever. thanks again.

and lowlife, that phone looked cool as hell. maybe one day haha

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iPhone has battery life over droid, it's actually A LOT better
For standby time, yes the iphone is better, but for using any sort of function on the phone, the android wins hands down! iphone drinks that battery while playing a game or using a medium to high resourced app.

techavluis

Registered VIP
you asked something that well go on for years. everybody thinks what they have is better and the few people that are real with it is 1 out of 1,000,000. like me..... lol, iphone4 is the best. but unlike other people i will back it up. i will start with the battery cuz people already started there. iphone 4 has the best battery in any phone. BUT! when talked about in time (moving to 2 or 3 things why iphone is better) the iphone4 has high rez app's, alot of background software, like for cam, and the high rez "Retina" screen (to make that point, iphone has 5mp cam. vs others at 6-8mp. but yet still takes the best pic. why.... software like HDR and yes other phones have HDR but HDR is not made by one company. and apple got together with a very high end company to make there's like they do with anything else) i make that point cuz when taking pic's on the iphone4 will use more battery then others. when running a video in "HD" the "Retina" display uses more battery then others. and there is other things like using the eq with playing music. and thats why MAYBE the iphone4 well die first over a FEW! others. but standby time, talk time, surfing the web time.... well iphone 4 for the win. and did i say the iphone4 battery is SMALLER and LIGHTER then others at that. +2 on the win =)

Video Chat, no user name. no password. no nothing. just works. (but i will be real with it..... its only wifi for now but not cuz of apple, its cuz of at&t not being able to do it over 3g)

Size, we are smaller. thats it win...

Retina Display, 960x640 rez at 326 ppi hmmmmm, win. (let me add, others have more mp cams, bigger batterys, bigger screens, fast processors but yet iphone4 takes better pic's, better battery, more rez screen, and processor faster) i think thats +4 on the win.

3 axis gyro, i know, thats to much to talk alot vs other phones. lol

side by side with itunes (biggest music store) and music is the top 2 things people think about when buying an mms phone

tv and video out.

more languages then i can think of (iphone4 has more then any other phone) and did i say we sold more then any other phone. bullshit walks and numbers talk. number sold phone. iPhone!

and there so much more. without even talking about the jailbreak world thats 100% better then others in the world of jailbreak. (i know it called other thinks)

Dude go to ANY website, ANY book, ANY chat forum/room, ANY anything to do with phones and its iphone vs something. iphone is the phone to bet. the iphone is the phone to look up to. iphone is the best selling phone IN THE WORLD.

did i add i hate at&t? thank god verizon is getting the phone

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow.....please fanboi a LITTLE more. in your case, ignorance IS bliss. almost your entire post was based on OPINION not fact. grow up. "bullshit walks" walk your ass right outta this thread cuz you got nothin. iphone4 is great, but it is NOT the hands down best.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For standby time, yes the iphone is better, but for using any sort of function on the phone, the android wins hands down! iphone drinks that battery while playing a game or using a medium to high resourced app.
I don't know where you get your information :what:

During web browsing, watching movies, looking at pictures, the iPhones battery life was 2-3 hours better than the Android.

I've looked at several reviews and comparisons and the iPhones battery is definitely better than the Android.

I was so tired last night I forgot to mention very important factor. The iPhones 3G talk time battery life, for some reason, the iPhone does great web browsing, watching videos, but when it comes down to what a cell phone is built for, talking on the phone, it's battery life SUCKS. The iPhone 4 gets about 7 hours of battery life on 3G, compared to the Droid X which does almost 9. I think that has to do with the iPhones 4 antenna problem, in signal attenuation tests (where lower is best) the iPhone 4 is ALWAYS the highest. 17.7 was the highest number for an Adroid phone, compared to Apples 24.6, lowest for Android was 0, compared to 9.2 for the iPhone 4. The iPhone 3S beats the iPhone 4 in these tests as well.

you asked something that well go on for years. everybody thinks what they have is better and the few people that are real with it is 1 out of 1,000,000. like me..... lol, iphone4 is the best.
I wouldn't say it's best. It's a great phone, but it's not the best.

but unlike other people i will back it up. i will start with the battery cuz people already started there. iphone 4 has the best battery in any phone.
Is it the best battery? No. Other phones have bigger and better batteries, it comes down to the iOS.

BUT! when talked about in time (moving to 2 or 3 things why iphone is better) the iphone4 has high rez app's, alot of background software, like for cam, and the high rez "Retina" screen (to make that point, iphone has 5mp cam. vs others at 6-8mp. but yet still takes the best pic.
Completely untrue, in testing, the iPhone 4s camera was shown to completely wash out photos with saturation and brightness. Also, the "Retina" screen thing is a joke. It's an advertising gimmick, nothing more.

why.... software like HDR and yes other phones have HDR but HDR is not made by one company. and apple got together with a very high end company to make there's like they do with anything else) i make that point cuz when taking pic's on the iphone4 will use more battery then others.
If you're going to say that if something uses more battery power than it must be better, than with your logic, the Android is better. The iPhone 4s camera is it's biggest downfall.

when running a video in "HD" the "Retina" display uses more battery then others.
Um. :???:

and there is other things like using the eq with playing music. and thats why MAYBE the iphone4 well die first over a FEW! others. but standby time, talk time, surfing the web time.... well iphone 4 for the win. and did i say the iphone4 battery is SMALLER and LIGHTER then others at that. +2 on the win =)
The Verizons Samsung Fascinate has a bigger battery and is lighter than the iPhone 4.

EQ for music? Really? You're going to post that as an advantage? Why would they put an EQ on a smartphone?

Video Chat, no user name. no password. no nothing. just works. (but i will be real with it..... its only wifi for now but not cuz of apple, its cuz of at&t not being able to do it over 3g)
Oh yeah, that's real handy. Get a smartphone, with two cameras, that can ONLY be used during wifi. That's awesome! :roll:

Size, we are smaller. thats it win...

Retina Display, 960x640 rez at 326 ppi hmmmmm, win.
It's a marketing gimmick. The only time you'll notice a big difference is if your holding the phone right to your face.

(let me add, others have more mp cams, bigger batterys, bigger screens, fast processors but yet iphone4 takes better pic's, better battery, more rez screen, and processor faster) i think thats +4 on the win.
The only thing the iPhone 4 has is battery life, other than that, nothing else. It doesn't have a better battery, it has a better optimized iOS. So, -1 for you +4, so that brings it down to +3.

Other Android phones have better cameras, they don't over saturate and aren't overly bright, so again, -1 for your +3, so that comes to +2.

Other Android phones have a dual core processor now,

3 axis gyro, i know, thats to much to talk alot vs other phones. lol

side by side with itunes (biggest music store) and music is the top 2 things people think about when buying an mms phone
No it's not. If I want to listen to music, I pull my Zune out, I don't pull my phone out. :???: Where do you think people think "Man! I need a cell phone, wait! The first thing I think of for cell phone is music!"

tv and video out.
Other phones have this as well.

more languages then i can think of (iphone4 has more then any other phone) and did i say we sold more then any other phone. bullshit walks and numbers talk. number sold phone. iPhone!
Really? Going to use languages as a selling point? I guess you could for someone who knows 5 different languages, but 99% of the people out there are going to keep their phones language as their native language.

Number talk huh?
Apple is activing 230,000 iOS devices daily (That includes the iPad!)
Google was activating 200,000 devices daily, and that number is smaller than actual Android activations as Google only counts devices that use Google services. Google also recently said they are activating 300,000 devices daily, but I think it's a stretch, I think it's more around 275k-280k.

and there so much more. without even talking about the jailbreak world thats 100% better then others in the world of jailbreak. (i know it called other thinks)
Do you even know the point in jailbreaking?

Dude go to ANY website, ANY book, ANY chat forum/room, ANY anything to do with phones and its iphone vs something. iphone is the phone to bet. the iphone is the phone to look up to. iphone is the best selling phone IN THE WORLD.
Not the best selling as I just pointed out.

Go to any REPUTIBLE (IE Not MacWorld, or any Mac based website, but a genuine reviewing website) and it's pretty much split. It's all personal choice.

did i add i hate at&t? thank god verizon is getting the phone
It's not even been confirmed yet, most are saying it'll be announced at CES 2011, which is next week.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ :lol:

do you really?

That Mozilla phone IS amazing!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not a fan of the iphone 4, so i got a new 3gs, it has the new os like the iphone 4, just no front camera, woopie do, i dont want to look at people while i talk anyways, and i get a better signal than the iphone 4 people too,

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jason, have you actually used the iphone compared to an android device? Run the same app, it will kill the phone so much faster on the iphone. Maybe not the 4, but before that, it was horrible. It also depends on which android you're talking about as well. Being so many android devices, its pretty much a dead argument.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jason, have you actually used the iphone compared to an android device? Run the same app, it will kill the phone so much faster on the iphone. Maybe not the 4, but before that, it was horrible. It also depends on which android you're talking about as well. Being so many android devices, its pretty much a dead argument.
i have, i had a new samsung galaxy s with a android, the battery sucked ass, even with the half ass apps that droid has, it still drained the s**t outa my battery. imo, android will be ok in a few years , but right now, the apps are horrible remakes of anything and everything iphone. they feel real childish to me for some reason, thats why i got rid of it and got a blackberry again, but then seen that the blackberry market is even worse than the droid market, so im back to the iphone. its everything i want all wrapped into one, music, movies, great apps, nice phone, with HUGE aftermarket support. try finding more than 2 differnt cases for any droid phone, or a dock for a android phone, its borderline impossible. i like the ease of finding whatever add on i want without having to search everywhere to find a f**king case, or dock, or anything for that matter

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Something you will see happening is my uncle has one of the wireless wifi card you carry in ur back pocket from verizon wireless, for 50 bucks a month you can run like 8 devices off of it. he has a ipod that ha skype on it and he can call, text and anything a normal phone can do he can do for 50 bucks a month. He uses a bluetooth headset for calls.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have, i had a new samsung galaxy s with a android, the battery sucked ass, even with the half ass apps that droid has, it still drained the s**t outa my battery. imo, android will be ok in a few years , but right now, the apps are horrible remakes of anything and everything iphone. they feel real childish to me for some reason, thats why i got rid of it and got a blackberry again, but then seen that the blackberry market is even worse than the droid market, so im back to the iphone. its everything i want all wrapped into one, music, movies, great apps, nice phone, with HUGE aftermarket support. try finding more than 2 differnt cases for any droid phone, or a dock for a android phone, its borderline impossible. i like the ease of finding whatever add on i want without having to search everywhere to find a f**king case, or dock, or anything for that matter
I agree that the apps are some times horrible childish remakes missing features, and the iphone actually has some sort of order. The logic behind googles take on the phone thing, letting anything fly, letting anyone develop and sell apps is great, but its one thing apple has the upper hand on, quality control.