CH33V5's Slow '99 EJ8 Build Thread

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Auto body and paint are two different things in my mind lol Just buy the paint for me hah, dont bomb it black, of anything do it a different color like my car when it was blue. And why are you still complaining about people's parents buying them cars? maybe because some people's parents love them more than others?? IDK I just hear that s*** all the freakin time and it gets so old. People are jealous, even though they talk it up to make it seem like they aren't. Not hating on people who's parents bought them cars, more power to ya. I wish my parents would have lol. But they've spotted me sometimes on some s*** I've needed, but that's about it.
technically its collision repair, metal work, fabrication, body work, and paint is what we do. i wish my parents woulda bought my first car, on occasion if im flat broke they will spot me too, but not too often. but it makes me like my car more knowing that i bought it and i built it. i mean sure, ill admit it, its a s**t box, but ive practically built the whole car by myself. and im proud of it i much rather have a civic, but i cant afford to buy another car let alone finish the one i already have.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
technically its collision repair, metal work, fabrication, body work, and paint is what we do. i wish my parents woulda bought my first car, on occasion if im flat broke they will spot me too, but not too often. but it makes me like my car more knowing that i bought it and i built it. i mean sure, ill admit it, its a s*** box, but ive practically built the whole car by myself. and im proud of it i much rather have a civic, but i cant afford to buy another car let alone finish the one i already have.
That, I can completely relate too. My hatch is slowly coming back to life. I have been out of work for 2 weeks with little money.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Wisconsin is a far drive to PA haha. Lol, yeah, I want to do it blue because the original color was blue, but unfortunately finding a color close to it will be hard in a spray can. I'm gonna pick some paint up tomorrow and start with the rear. I remember when you painted yours blue and it came out pretty good, so I think i'm going to do that.
Hah its just a little drive. I have family in Dallas, PA, where ever that is hah but yeah i got my s**t at Fleet Farm, the color was deep blue or something like that? Just make sure you get like 2-3 coats, and hit it with some clear, or like i did, use a gun and clear it lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I had access to a gun. they're expensive.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That, I can completely relate too. My hatch is slowly coming back to life. I have been out of work for 2 weeks with little money.
yeah i worked at the cnc plant my dad worked at for a about a week in total and made almost 400 bucks and that went to getting body panels and other misc stuff. i'm looking for work so hopefully somthing turns up so i can fix my strut towers and core support then drop the motor.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just need one more!

And how to fix a dent for 2 bucks!

Let the hate begin boiiii.
Don't wanna completely jack the thread haha, but I love the bandaid sticker. My dad had a bandaid magnet on the dent in his Taurus haha.

act440 said:
yeah i worked at the cnc plant my dad worked at for a about a week in total and made almost 400 bucks and that went to getting body panels and other misc stuff. i'm looking for work so hopefully somthing turns up so i can fix my strut towers and core support then drop the motor.
Oh i see. I worked at East Penn Manufacturing (Deka Batteries) for a month and racked up a little over a grand but I wanna keep it tucked away for my integra so I'm back at the grocery store making min wage, 20 hours a week starting next week haha.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
A gun kit is like 50 bucks around here at auto zone lol my friend just happened to have one that we used

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh i see. I worked at East Penn Manufacturing (Deka Batteries) for a month and racked up a little over a grand but I wanna keep it tucked away for my integra so I'm back at the grocery store making min wage, 20 hours a week starting next week haha.
haha i wish i could even make that

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
so do you guys with all the stickers just look up random stickers for hondas because i want to get some i like the look it just adds character lol.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Well, long story short my Ej rolled down my friends driveway and over an embankment into the woods. It looks totaled. I've legit been crying. I'll shore more tomorrow.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
please tell me that this is an august f**king fools and your just playin our asses saying its totaled and you actually got that b***h dumped and you just took a s**t ton of pictures but didn't upload them yet but will tomorrow and have been crying in happiness with the results of your newly acquired lowness, thats what im banking on :]
if not, my favorite build thread in all of CC has just taken a major sucker punch :/

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn bro that thing was sick. Please tell me ur insurance will cover it somehow

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I'd blame it on global warming.. :roll: I wish, let us know what happens bud, stay in the game and keep your head up :word: