Changing the oil...

xsubxwooferx

5+ Year Member
Right when bought car about 3 months ago the guy got a oil change with pennzoil so im prob gonna use that same one.The question is for D16z6 should use 5w-30 and how many qts?

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how bout you handle one issue yourself? Read some instead of making threads for every little Q you have........try it you might like it....

xsubxwooferx

5+ Year Member
Uhhhhh because for one their isnt a thread on this in here...and 2 because i would find answers like yours.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Read your owner's manual

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alright dude,

It's 2009. Logically, if you think about it...there HAS to be a thread SOMEWHERE that covers what you need to change the oil in your Honda Civic. Not only is there something on this site, but you could also find the same information on Honda-Tech or even Google, or like what other people have said, the owners manual.

Personally, I like to use Castrol GTX 10w30. It's a bit thicker than 5w30.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
52 posts
29 threads

55% ratio

Something's not right w/that

You'd be at nearly 5,000 threads if you had as many posts as me.....

My ratio is 1/10th of 1 percent..........

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
use either 5w30 or 10w30, both are fine, 10w30 is a bit thicker like Genuine Rolla said so if you have any hesitation go with that, and use about 4L or 4.2 Qt or somehting like that, just check your dipstick for the proper level. And get Castrol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f49/oil-capacity-d16z6-135544/

This search, where I used www.google.com, took me under 10 seconds.

Step 1: Type in www.google.com into your web browser. I recommend Firefox, or Safari for those crazy Mac users.

Step 2: In the space provided, type "Oil Capacity for D16Z6". Spelling counts!

Step 3: Scroll until you find a fitting title. OH LOOK, The VERY First one sounds like a good try!

Step 4: Click it.

Step 5: Notice a fellow like yourself has asked the same question. He says he lost his manual. Lets assume you lost yours too. Whoops, where could it be?

Step 6: Scroll down. Hmmm, lets take a look at the first reply. Not the advertisement, silly! The first actual reply. In plain simplicity, user responded "3.5 Quarts".

Step 7: For verification, scroll further down. You will find the next person has elaborated. He even told you how much to buy! Now you don't have to post another thread on www.clubcivic.com asking how much oil to buy! How lucky can you be!

Step 8: Take in this knowledge. Write it down. Bookmark the link. Better yet, print it and put it in your glove box. Put it in a safety deposit box, if necessary Do NOT lose this vital information. We wouldn't want another thread about this upon your next oil change.

There. Now you have the knowledge ! Go get em, champ!

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rofl...

just do that s**t... drain oil into catchpan... change out your filter... put the plug back in... dump in the new oil till it hits the right level on the dipstick... start the car let it run for a second... turn it off let it cool... check it again... this way you'll fill the filter... fill it to the line again... and voila you're done...

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also, it's exactly one quart from the bottom line to the top one.

Check your oil once a week or when u fill up.

Buy a haynes manual from autozone.

If all else fails, take it to jiffylube.

Good luck!