Check out new LED gauge cluster

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
I just got it done over the weekend. Looks awesome. Any comments are welcome. The purple light the a UV LED, I'm using that the make my needles glow.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I feel like that light would blind me at night.. but it does look really good

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it is bright, but it does look pretty good. you should paint the needles with that glow-in-the-dark paint haha

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh man, that is terrible lol.

Omegastorm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude that sucks, not to bomb onit but dam driving at night is gonna be a b***h youll see

jb0ne

Banned
try putting the LED recessed inside the bezel so that it isn't visible to you, but will still shine down onto the needles. (im assuming you've painted them with UV paint?) I think this will achieve what your going for without the eye ache of staring at UV rays every time you drive.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn, that looks horrible

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
try putting the LED recessed inside the bezel so that it isn't visible to you, but will still shine down onto the needles. (im assuming you've painted them with UV paint?) I think this will achieve what your going for without the eye ache of staring at UV rays every time you drive.
no need for the uv paint because the needles are already uv paint from factory...i tested it out...thanks though...i also recessed the uv light and now and it doesn't look like the pics anymore...

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no need for the uv paint because the needles are already uv paint from factory...i tested it out...thanks though...i also recessed the uv light and now and it doesn't look like the pics anymore...
ok so post new pics...?

jb0ne

Banned
im pretty sure your needles dont come factory with UV paint on them.

dont really see honda spending extra money on UV paint when there isnt even a UV light source in the car....

they are most likely reflective (much like taillight reflectors/street signs)

if you really want your s**t to be fluorescent looking pick you up some UV reactive paint.

computer nerd stores will probablly have just about the best UV paint you can find.
doubt you'll get this, its more of a attention to detail kinna thing.

but just throwing it out there for everyone's future reference.

http://www.xoxide.com/reduvpaint.html

red is even on sale :o

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
im pretty sure your needles dont come factory with UV paint on them.

dont really see honda spending extra money on UV paint when there isnt even a UV light source in the car....

they are most likely reflective (much like taillight reflectors/street signs)

if you really want your s**t to be fluorescent looking pick you up some UV reactive paint.

computer nerd stores will probablly have just about the best UV paint you can find.
doubt you'll get this, its more of a attention to detail kinna thing.

but just throwing it out there for everyone's future reference.

http://www.xoxide.com/reduvpaint.html

red is even on sale :o
ofcourse it doesn't come with uv paint...its got a uv active needle...and adding the paint will help it light up...

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why would you butcher an Si cluster like that =(?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks pretty good. I can't find your diy, though. there is no page 6 on your cardomain page.