CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 3" would be a Thermal Research exhaust. I don't really need the power, but man the difference is soo big these motors. That's really why i consider it. :???: Missed out on a cruise with a TSX'd integra around me. I wanted to see what the 3" would be like just cruising. I'll probably take the more subtle route though.
Word. You can also use a silencer when you feel like being subtle, and when you want to rip ass, remove it lol.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as for an exhaust, you should get one like the challenge 76 ta-rm for the s2000 ;)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Word. You can also use a silencer when you feel like being subtle, and when you want to rip ass, remove it lol.
Or a cut-out!
a silencer or a cutout setup has never sounded anything like a ws2's level of quiet. I won't settle for kind of quiet. It's either quiet or loud and powerful.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
e-cut will be good for you when boosted :thumbup:
is that an OEM civic muffler?
what's the white stuff along the trunk trim?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
e-cut will be good for you when boosted :thumbup:
is that an OEM civic muffler?
what's the white stuff along the trunk trim?
The muffler and that white crap was on the coupe when i got it. Some generic replacement muffler, it's as quiet as oem so im good with that. The white stuff is stuff around some areas of the trunk where the weatherstripping is bad. Just one more maintenance thing I have to knock out. A lot of the weatherstripping is horrible on this car. I'm trying to hold back on tackling all of that because I'd take forever before I getting back to the swap.
bad ass build !
Thanks homie :cool:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The muffler and that white crap was on the coupe when i got it. Some generic replacement muffler, it's as quiet as oem so im good with that. The white stuff is stuff around some areas of the trunk where the weatherstripping is bad. Just one more maintenance thing I have to knock out. A lot of the weatherstripping is horrible on this car. I'm trying to hold back on tackling all of that because I'd take forever before I getting back to the swap.
ah makes sense. i hope i didn't point out something others didn't notice haha :P i tend to look at all the details of a car

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah makes sense. i hope i didn't point out something others didn't notice haha :P i tend to look at all the details of a car
hahahs, it's good that you do. Hell, i might overlook something. It may just be me, but I feel pretty satisfied when I do get around to fixing minor things. It's weird how the little details make driving the car soo much better. Less wind noise, one less rattle, one less scratched piece lol.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
without tryin to muddy this thread. why function form? i can think of a dozen setups i would rather have than ff. i had it on my g35 and it ruined the ride. i mean you have really expensive taste, it seems like this is an oversight? i mean hell you clean the car UNDER the crash foam, who does that lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
without tryin to muddy this thread. why function form? i can think of a dozen setups i would rather have than ff. i had it on my g35 and it ruined the ride. i mean you have really expensive taste, it seems like this is an oversight? i mean hell you clean the car UNDER the crash foam, who does that lol
because they actually ride nice on these civics. Think about it, it's a much more popular chassis, so getting the specs right to provide a decent ride is much easier to come by. I did want to go with PIC coilovers, but im apparently getting old really fast because they used to be similarly priced with custom specs but now they are over a grand for the same s**t. So I was like screw that. I'll most likely upgrade later on only because I do want a more stiff rear but I honestly have no complaints with these.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you use a spray can of color matched paint for repainting under the rear?

I'm sure you know this, but you can just run a beefy sway in the rear to make it stiffer in cornering and keep it comfy driving daily.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you use a spray can of color matched paint for repainting under the rear?

I'm sure you know this, but you can just run a beefy sway in the rear to make it stiffer in cornering and keep it comfy driving daily.
The paint layer is satin black. It's not really glossy and not really flat.
A big sway bar isn't enough for what I want out of the rear. I'll have a sway, higher spring rates, and a shock tower bar to tighten it up (a full rectangle). With the K, the front is going to want to lift a lot more which would push the rear further down, so I need it to be more stiff

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
know what you mean about pricing. I've run into this lately myself. Parts that were easy to find and reasonably priced a few years ago for my 92 are now harder to find and cost a lot more (when I can even find them) now that I want to use same part on my 99

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Understood, when the engine tourqes you want the nose down. Are you gonna run any rear aero?

You should take a look at the top setup eg hatch, it has a k20R with 11k front and 6k rear, and keiichi tsuchiya test drove it for American touge hot version, he said it handled as well if not better than the spoon civic. It placed 2nd.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the 3" would be a Thermal Research exhaust. I don't really need the power, but man the difference is soo big these motors. That's really why i consider it. :???: Missed out on a cruise with a TSX'd integra around me. I wanted to see what the 3" would be like just cruising. I'll probably take the more subtle route though.
I've got a full 3" Thermal Research exhaust on my hatch... want me to get some video clips?
I think it's definitely quieter than the Apex'i exhaust I used to have back in the day.

Only thing I noticed with mine (not sure if the coupe is the same) but it sags a bit in the middle of the chassis and hangs down.. If you squat down and look at the side of the car you can see it hang.. thought I've never caught it on anything ... yet.. now my downpipe, that's a different story.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Understood, when the engine tourqes you want the nose down. Are you gonna run any rear aero?

You should take a look at the top setup eg hatch, it has a k20R with 11k front and 6k rear, and keiichi tsuchiya test drove it for American touge hot version, he said it handled as well if not better than the spoon civic. It placed 2nd.
yes ill be running rear aero, itll be a custom setup. Talking with a couple of companies about what i want and how i can do it. That eg is lighter but i understand what you're trying to get at.

I've got a full 3" Thermal Research exhaust on my hatch... want me to get some video clips?
I think it's definitely quieter than the Apex'i exhaust I used to have back in the day.

Only thing I noticed with mine (not sure if the coupe is the same) but it sags a bit in the middle of the chassis and hangs down.. If you squat down and look at the side of the car you can see it hang.. thought I've never caught it on anything ... yet.. now my downpipe, that's a different story.
The apexi you're comparing to isn't a ws2 though and i know that since you're boosted, the exhaust will be quieter.
spend a little more on dynamat. you aren;t going to be outside the car
drone and the loudness to me is just part of it. I also don't want to be a cop magnet every time i drive somewhere. I don't mind the car being loud with some spirited driving. Once i cruise i want it to shut up. E-cut is probably the answer to that.