CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm interesting since paint does really hold up as well as powder coating in that enviroment

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm interesting since paint does really hold up as well as powder coating in that enviroment
I used the same thermal paint process that I use on my engines. Not just some autozone caliper paint.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Every time I come to this thread, I catch myself going "maybe I should just build the EJ8.. maybe I should just do it".. especially considering the bottom end is likely shot on this little d16y8...

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not saying your wrong but powder coating will definitely hold up much better in that category! Powder STARTS to cure at ~350°-400°F...anything under or 100° above that range will not effect the powder at all!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tread shot? :O

Need to grab a camber kit to work on the rear, and ill be going up in height a little bit since I came down from a 215/45/16.

Every time I come to this thread, I catch myself going "maybe I should just build the EJ8.. maybe I should just do it".. especially considering the bottom end is likely shot on this little d16y8...
Do it man. It's a fun, little, simple car to tinker with.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not saying your wrong but powder coating will definitely hold up much better in that category! Powder STARTS to cure at ~350°-400°F...anything under or 100° above that range will not effect the powder at all!
I get you guys, but I simply don't need better when what I have is just fine. This is the same thing I did with my 5th gen coupe when I picked up my EG6 brakes from hmotors. Don't need to fix it when it's not broken. :cool:

(The high heat paint holds its finish up to 500° doe)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RSX S halfshaft... check
Karcepts TSX AC/PS delete... check
Acura RDX 410cc injectors... check

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Getting close Alex...gonna put the pressure on you soon lol. Been searching new racks just in case I need to go that route

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Getting close Alex...gonna put the pressure on you soon lol. Been searching new racks just in case I need to go that route
Are you implying yours will be running before Alex's?

Also, I presume the rack in question is a new steering rack?

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I don't think he'll do the swap before winter just my opinion BC he is deleting heat and the possibilities of an issue arising in the winter would SUCK! but idk he hasn't even said to me...

The pressure is on me for finding him a used manual rack in a local junk yard BC I paid $45 for mine =) he is also getting all his EG subframe, shock forks, sway bar from me and powder coated! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: because I can beat Steve's price and quality on this! :p

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Everything that Alex said except I might still swap before winter. In the last pic posted, there's a Dodge Avenger in the reflection. Trying out different cars for a possible daily replacement. I want to go through alex for a few parts and his great powder coating for his price and also to support people who support the community. Everyone I've dealt with has been more than just a straight business deal. I think that is important for growth in what we all love to do.

The other pressure on Alex is my impatience lol. I seem patient with this kswap, but I hate waiting. I'm close to only needing what Alex has to offer, so I jokingly put some pressure on him about the parts

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gotcha. Well I can promise you Alex won't disappoint.

Also, what happened to the 8th gen sedan?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotcha. Well I can promise you Alex won't disappoint.

Also, what happened to the 8th gen sedan?
Like above, I got swiped awhile back. We have a family ran insurance company on my wife's side and they are fixing the car and we've been trying out other cars in the meantime. We're not liking anything though lol. So we're going to keep the 8th gens (got a coupe and a 4 doe)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Japan parts....RDX 410cc injectors

Karcepts AC/PS delete for TSX

Polished it up of course

injectors

everything installed with new belt and brand new oem hardware came along with the AC/PS delete