CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love how a decently priced wheel is instantly a bad part...forget the enkei lineage, they aren't 500+ a pop in custom offsets or 3 piece. =)
i didnt mean it like that :cry:

I also thought you had xxr or something also. my bad

Manser

actually, if you own a 6th gen or older car, you pretty much shouldn't do anything to it with that theory. Most of these civics aren't worth crap to anyone besides the people who own em
Ameeeeeen to that! I love my civic and plan on putting much time and effort into it to get it to where I want it to be, but my parents and my girlfriend don't see the point to it. They support me in doing it and will pitch it whenever they can because they know it's something I'm passionate about, but besides that they feel it's pointless to put money into an older car. So back to what you were saying, these older cars mean nothing to anyone other then the people who own them.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Uh.... yeah so I have no idea why I haven't subscribed to this yet.

It's absolutely gorgeous, and your pictures are billiant.
I envy you.

Subscribeddd.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks bro :thumbs up: i'm trying to hold off until I do my tax return to try and pick up a k24 longblock. I'm trying to make sure i'm not broke when I make purchases.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks bro :thumbs up: i'm trying to hold off until I do my tax return to try and pick up a k24 longblock. I'm trying to make sure i'm not broke when I make purchases.
:pimp: teehee. Bro.

So you said you had FF1's on yours?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think I have ever subscribed to a thread... I'm old school. I check every thread manually.

But anyways... I love this car. CHILD's sig is proof :thumbs up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:pimp: teehee. Bro.

So you said you had FF1's on yours?
Yeah. Decent dd coilover when used properly. Too many people drop the preload (which loses the full and necessary shock travel) just so they can be extra low. Fnf warns people not to do it on their website and in the box you receive...but it's a case of Murphys law

I don't think I have ever subscribed to a thread... I'm old school. I check every thread manually.

But anyways... I love this car. CHILD's sig is proof :thumbs up.
I'm too lazy to check the new posts lol. If it's not on the first page, then screw it haha.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. Decent dd coilover when used properly. Too many people drop the preload (which loses the full and necessary shock travel) just so they can be extra low. Fnf warns people not to do it on their website and in the box you receive...but it's a case of Murphys law.
I will be ordering mine within the next week. Seeing yours is helping my decision.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My only advice is, if you know for sure you need higher or lower spring rates, then you should pick something else. The shocks are valved for an aggressive drop. That's also something to keep in mind.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My only advice is, if you know for sure you need higher or lower spring rates, then you should pick something else. The shocks are valved for an aggressive drop. That's also something to keep in mind.
I'm not looking for tracking this or anything. I was actually was looking into getting Konis/GCs, and I would really like them, but I still am trying to get my motor. And I've heard good things about these, and I'm going more so for the look than anything. These just seem more cost effective. The roads around here aren't that bad, and I don't beat the heck out of it.

The Type 2's are the ones with various spring rates, if I'm not mistaken?

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man I just went through you're thread. f**king sweet! Great job so far and major props on the cleaning. I will do the same probably in the summer or when it decides to want to snow so I can board! For that I will be DD'ing my HX and garage the hatch and go to town on all the dirt.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not looking for tracking this or anything. I was actually was looking into getting Konis/GCs, and I would really like them, but I still am trying to get my motor. And I've heard good things about these, and I'm going more so for the look than anything. These just seem more cost effective. The roads around here aren't that bad, and I don't beat the heck out of it.

The Type 2's are the ones with various spring rates, if I'm not mistaken?
Type 2 have stiffer spring rates and adjustable shock valving. Type 2.5 has custom Eibach spring rates.

Man I just went through you're thread. f***ing sweet! Great job so far and major props on the cleaning. I will do the same probably in the summer or when it decides to want to snow so I can board! For that I will be DD'ing my HX and garage the hatch and go to town on all the dirt.
thanks. I'm a bit ocd so that helps with the cleaning lol.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Type 2 have stiffer spring rates and adjustable shock valving. Type 2.5 has custom Eibach spring rates.

thanks. I'm a bit ocd so that helps with the cleaning lol.
Gottttttcha. Sounds like the Type 1's will suit me fine.

Yeah the cleaning is amazing! I can't justify spending that much time cleaning the suspension and such when I live up here in WA. It would be so pointless. I'll do my bay, but that's it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I went overboard and i'm driving the hatch a lot more now so it gets dirty quick, but it all rinses off easy. I just needed something to do while I saved up cash.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first of the year is shaping up nicely for you..sounds like we'll both be throwing lots of money at our cars...sad thing is your way ahead of me with the drop, wheels, seat, steering wheel, and well on your way to having a swap! lucky guy you are!! but then again im a full time student so hey get outta my boat!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first of the year is shaping up nicely for you..sounds like we'll both be throwing lots of money at our cars...sad thing is your way ahead of me with the drop, wheels, seat, steering wheel, and well on your way to having a swap! lucky guy you are!! but then again im a full time student so hey get outta my boat!
Haha. It does help that I do photography as a business and I also work full time. I have a ton of projects going on for another house, rebuilding music studio equipment, and fixing my damn credit lol

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im in school to be a welder...someday i will hang with you...and maybe we'll see each other at a meet some day...i wanna make it to IA before i get too old...but i gotta have a big dog car before that happens a hell im only 19 now LOL

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm old. I just want to run my car in a FF challenge. Track days like that. No auto x parking lot diving or drag racing