10+ Year Member
What are your HP goals with the K24? Just wondering

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to eventually put down 250whp and 180-200tq. Initially i'm expecting 220whp and 160-170tq. Modest goals imo. I don't want to change much internally. Just some drag cartel cams, 45°vtc, and erl oil pump.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to eventually put down 250whp and 180-200tq. Initially i'm expecting 220whp and 160-170tq. Modest goals imo. I don't want to change much internally. Just some drag cartel cams, 45°vtc, and erl oil pump.
:thumbup: That doesn't sound unrealistic at all. It's a refreshing change of pace compared to all the kids that come on the site like "Imma swap a k20 and get like 700 hp NA"

Anyways, good luck with it man! Keep us posted!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My buddy had nothing but a k24a2, an rbc intake manifold, k tuned header, 3" exhaust, a short ram intake and Kpro and he made 230/185 on a completely stock internal engine.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbup: That doesn't sound unrealistic at all. It's a refreshing change of pace compared to all the kids that come on the site like "Imma swap a k20 and get like 700 hp NA"

Anyways, good luck with it man! Keep us posted!
Agreed.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Everyone keeps telling CHILD all this good news....hes gonna cream in his panties we better wait and see what actuallyy happens

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy had nothing but a k24a2, an rbc intake manifold, k tuned header, 3" exhaust, a short ram intake and Kpro and he made 230/185 on a completely stock internal engine.
yeah i've seen a bunch like that with tsx motors. I just decided to keep my goals a bit modest so that i wont be disappointed. I love the torque curve on the dyno sheets ive been looking at. The k24's seem to have a speedbump tq curve that excites me
Everyone keeps telling CHILD all this good news....hes gonna cream in his panties we better wait and see what actuallyy happens
It'll happen for sure. Got my wife supporting me with this one. Anytime i even mention something different she snaps at me like, "NO! you said a k swap....so do it how you first wanted" which translates to "if you put me through all this s**t just to back out of it all of sudden, you will have to live in the garage and survive off of whatever food you can find in your tool box" =)

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It'll happen for sure. Got my wife supporting me with this one. Anytime i even mention something different she snaps at me like, "NO! you said a k swap....so do it how you first wanted" which translates to "if you put me through all this s*** just to back out of it all of sudden, you will have to live in the garage and survive off of whatever food you can find in your tool box" =)
Im okay with that... lol :lol:

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A modest k24a2 swap won't be too bad and won't end up costing too much. The problem with me is I spend a whole lot of money on s**t. But a tsx engine would be a great first k swap. Factory reliability and simplicity but in a better looking body. I'll do one in the future, but now is not that time. Too much stuff to buy other than project cars.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Just go ahead and put a real swap in it already...

[YOUTUBE="what you really want to do"]18Vmhj_3AVU[/YOUTUBE]

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CHILD, you've inspired me to look into a K with the info that you have provided. I do believe that is what I'm going to do now, I've been reading all day lol. I can't wait until you start your swap so I can have another guide for mine if and when I get stuck!!! Keep up what your doing!

BTW, your camera work is amazing, please make more videos lol.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i probably will. I was just barely getting into doing video with my SLR cameras. I've been doing a few things here and there for people and i think im getting a lil better at it.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Was talking with a local engine importer about getting a b18 the other day, and he told me I could get a b20 for a lot less, supply and demand and all that, anyway what do you think of the b20s, I ask you because you said you did a lot of reseach and you seem to have a good understanding of practical.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was talking with a local engine importer about getting a b18 the other day, and he told me I could get a b20 for a lot less, supply and demand and all that, anyway what do you think of the b20s, I ask you because you said you did a lot of reseach and you seem to have a good understanding of practical.
a b20 is a good motor, its a work horse good for torque and can make gobs of power when built as a b20/vtec. Figure out exactly what you want performance or reliability wise and that'll determine what motor you should go with. Honestly there are plus sides to pretty much each honda motor, so meeting your actual needs is the important thing

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you going to be doing EKK1 or EKK2?
I can't decide if it's really worth swapping out my subframe to run EKK2.... I would like to run a nice intake manifold, but I also need to room in the rear for a turbo/manifold. Any insight on this?