CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

fresh.gen

im a little late replying, but i agree with the 0 toe alignment. toe in, even a little bit puits unecessary strain on suspension/tires under different loads. These loads can come from track useage (extreme), and daily driven use ('normal'). setting the toe out/in promotes unneeded traits for a car thats going to be daily'd. Im sure Child has a suspension setup that he can customize when a track day arises anyways.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^yeah um... We already went over all that, and then some...

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dood! Awesome video man! Your boy's teg is rediculously clean! I bet you can't wait to prowl the streets with that k under the hood, good job editing too, I enjoyed that =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dood! Awesome video man! Your boy's teg is rediculously clean! I bet you can't wait to prowl the streets with that k under the hood, good job editing too, I enjoyed that =)
Thanks a lot man! Yeah, i kept telling him that his ride makes me anxious to finish mine. Plus he wants to see how mine stacks up versus his. He has the older tsx k24a2 and few parts here and there that aren't as aggressive as mine. So we'll see. Wish i had the cash to just do it all right now! haha

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^no kidding, after watching it Ive been on hybrid racing and k20a.org playing with the idea of parking mine and getting a 2nd car to daily, then waiting to tear down my hatch a d start from scratch! That would take forever though :0

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^no kidding, after watching it Ive been on hybrid racing and k20a.org playing with the idea of parking mine and getting a 2nd car to daily, then waiting to tear down my hatch a d start from scratch! That would take forever though :0
Forever has only been a year and a half for me so far lol. It's not so bad. Honestly, most just get caught up with trying to go overboard with everything, somewhat like myself and K-N-2-EK. There's soo many things you don't "need" but you end up telling yourself, "why not" since it may be awhile before it's complete.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's awesome^

Yeah I feel that, deffinately doing it right. I just don't really have the funds, or else I'd have done just a b16 swap already lol. I have to live vicariously through your clubcivic forum hahaha

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's the sad truth! Now on the other hand what's another $200 when youve spent what we have already lol! :beer:

iSpeed

CHILD, can you post up more videos on Vimeo? my youtube at work wont allow me to watch videos, i think its my internet settings....but vimeo works like a dream

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CHILD, can you post up more videos on Vimeo? my youtube at work wont allow me to watch videos, i think its my internet settings....but vimeo works like a dream
yeah i'll get around to that. I've been neglecting my Vimeo for awhile.

Latest update: Got all my brand new clutch and flywheel hardware, flywheel inspection plate and bolts, and a brand new clutch slave cylinder. Mocked up the parts, I need to replace my stolen 12point sockets and torque this stuff to spec and close up the engine and trans finally.

clutch slave cylinder all hella new

flywheel cover

clutch bolts

flywheel bolts

old release bearing

spankin new

flywheel lightly installed

6 puck

pressure plate slapped on (for picture purposes...what else do you think a photographer does lol)

and like 99% of my oem honda part orders....I forgot to buy some bolts!!! I need the two akward starter bolts.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I was just thinking today.. What do you have planned after this car is "done"?

I haven't seen any other heavily modified cars in your garage or anything, so do you plan on just stopping until you decide to build something else down the road? Or do you plan on starting another build and keeping this car?

Just curious.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I was just thinking today.. What do you have planned after this car is "done"?

I haven't seen any other heavily modified cars in your garage or anything, so do you plan on just stopping until you decide to build something else down the road? Or do you plan on starting another build and keeping this car?

Just curious.
Im a long way from finishing what I have planned, but I just want to get an early 90's nsx.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! That'll be one clean ass build

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haven't been on here in forever to see all your updates gotta do it more often! Seen a few things here and there from fb but keep up the good work man

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Downstar (Boltboys) transmission bolts ready to go

flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate properly in place

"hella flush" fitment of that longblock and trans lol

i love these bolts

after a year and a half, it's finally together

flywheel inspection cover on

starter bolted down

with boredom, comes mock ups

threw a few more downstar bolts in random spots that i've neglected. Still have more in the engine kit too!

threw the hoses, fuel line, and clutch line on just to get a feel for how it'll look together

the junker

only one place wraps things up this thorough

snagged some discontinued 16" NT03's

test fit

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WHOAAAA those wheels are killer! Engine is looking ridiculous!

What offset and width are those? they look really good on your coupe! I like them way better than the jspeeds