Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh god.

If you want a car you can swap a LS1 into, just get a S13 or S14, Miata or RX7.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're looking for something simple, yet cost worthy and power wise... I would pick a K20a2 over all motors you've mentioned.

- Not much of a hassle to cut up the car into bits for an LS1/2.
- More power than any of the B series motors, stock for stock.
- Cost for these motors have dropped a lot, swap has gotten a lot more simple as well.

Check out k20a.org for sales on K motors, swap tips, and many many more.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea seriously dude you need to learn WAYYYYYYY more before you jump into something like this. You cant just "drop" an LS1 into your engine bay. There is SOOO much custom work that needs to be done.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The most famous Civette only happened because he happened to have a wrecked Corvette sitting his garage, he had to lift the Civic off the frame, and sit it on the Corvettes frame after basically cutting the Civic in half to make room for the drive shaft. This isn't something that happens over a weekend, it took him MANY months.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The most famous Civette only happened because he happened to have a wrecked Corvette sitting his garage, he had to lift the Civic off the frame, and sit it on the Corvettes frame after basically cutting the Civic in half to make room for the drive shaft. This isn't something that happens over a weekend, it took him MANY months.
civics have frames? :oh:

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly man, ability to spell has nothing to do with mechanical ability. So stop being an douche and actually give some info. It gets annoying reading this crap and people acting like they know everything by what a person types out. He asked a question so help him

Are you looking to do two different swaps on two cars?
Woah, i believe you broke a rule and called me a douche, that should be an infraction. You, correction, a superior minded person can tell a lot by a person on how they type or spell. For instance, he made a bunch of typos, he is a fast paced person. Odds are this guy who doesn't know much about engines is gonna speed through this swap, if it ever even happens and fail on it. More reasearch then swap op, is my advice.

*Honestly I did read the original post wrong and thought he wanted to swap an ls1 in his hatch, which in most cases is a waste.
Who cares what annoys you it is a forum in which you are not the admin of, you can't chose what is on it. So STFU
=)

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly I don't see where this is that powerful... My boy put one out of a TL in a 92-95 hatch and I drove it... Wasn't impressed...
thats because he was playing with the weak j series.

go big or go home, j37... mmmhmm, thats right :P

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur gf is giving u a month..

lulz...

just give up now...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Woah, i believe you broke a rule and called me a douche, that should be an infraction.
He got an infraction since you seemed to be bothered by it, but saying STFU wasn't exactly a mature thing to do either.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you want power with turbo or all motor? if you love power, i don't think you can get the max power. its up to you dude, POWERS are very expensive.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He got an infraction since you seemed to be bothered by it, but saying STFU wasn't exactly a mature thing to do either.
Luckily this isn't a mature forum.
OP you want some series power. The d series is it. I'm not talkin d16 its all about the d15.

Jo~Jo Beans

I did my hw on it and I'm getting the b18c type R and the tranmisson that comes with it and I do know cars and how to take care of the engines just not swaps cuz I never done was or seen that's y I gettin help from someone that's done it many times and knows hondas inside and out.
And I know how much time and work I would take me to make a civette the main reason I made this topic was to see how ppl felt about the civette cuz on one of the videos a guy said "that engine was waIsted on a Honda and that hondas should just keep there crapy engines"

Jo~Jo Beans

you want power with turbo or all motor? if you love power, i don't think you can get the max power. its up to you dude, POWERS are very expensive.
No I'm not gonna go just engine of course turbo but I'll just stick without turbo 4 a lil. I have a question 4 everyone I don't have a a/c and I wanted to know do you guys/girls think it's worth putting on? If not should I put a full size radiator?