Clean civic si spotted

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really like that one. I still love EBP. Such a great color. That also reminds me that I need to look into CF hoods again. My clear coat is peeling and a CF hood might be a good alternative to repainting....

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Same, I live EBP Civics that haven't gone to s**t. Though the shocker sticker is so 2010.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess after driving a WRB WRX for years and being an obvious target for law enforcement, I'm kind of over the "look at me" blue. I've gotten a little more into the subtle colors with tasteful accents. Stickers all over are not tasteful accents to me, but I can respect the work put into the car to make it personal. Always a fan of that.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
I wasnt sure what he had in it cause he wasnt there but if I catch him cruising then ill letcha guys know

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I guess after driving a WRB WRX for years and being an obvious target for law enforcement, I'm kind of over the "look at me" blue. I've gotten a little more into the subtle colors with tasteful accents. Stickers all over are not tasteful accents to me, but I can respect the work put into the car to make it personal. Always a fan of that.
I don't mind a few awkwardly placed stickers. I used to skateboard, and I never really stopped liking a lot of the styles associated with skaters. Weird graffiti / sideways stickers / the cluttered look are still appealing to me, when done properly. I can understand you're view on the "look at me" colors, though. I had a lot of issues when I had undercar LEDs years ago, and I arrived at the same conclusion. That said, I still love the color and think the car looks fantastic with it, but am also able to acknowledge its lack of practicality. I have the same view on slammed cars.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't mind a few awkwardly placed stickers. I used to skateboard, and I never really stopped liking a lot of the styles associated with skaters. Weird graffiti / sideways stickers / the cluttered look are still appealing to me, when done properly. I can understand you're view on the "look at me" colors, though. I had a lot of issues when I had undercar LEDs years ago, and I arrived at the same conclusion. That said, I still love the color and think the car looks fantastic with it, but am also able to acknowledge its lack of practicality. I have the same view on slammed cars.
I'm there with ya. I used to skate for a while, I'd stickerbomb everything. Cars though, I'd end up trying to be random by placing it somewhere thought out and clever, only to hate it immediately after. So I gave up :D

The color is awesome for sure, but I won't drive it if I can help it heh.

Hard to see eye to eye with a fraction of the owners and their style, but mutual respect is really what it's about. I'd absolutely shake this dudes hand and say, nice car.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks okay but doesn't really stand out to me either. The stickers kind of kill it and I'm not a big fan of the wheels. The body looks clean though and I like the folding mirrors.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I
Hard to see eye to eye with a fraction of the owners and their style, but mutual respect is really what it's about. I'd absolutely shake this dudes hand and say, nice car.
If only everybody in the car scene had this sort of mindset, we'd all be a lot better off.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Imagine such a world.

I'm friends with a guy that owns a '11 or '12 5.0 GT, dude's putting down like 620hp with a 2.3 whipple, he rides it on AirLift bags, thing is sick for sure. I've driven it, it just never gains traction, ever.

He has a following of a couple hundred "fans" because he's sponsored and they are just the most ignorant people you've ever met. I hate talking cars with the guy, because I'm somehow inferior for owning a Honda (he had an RSX prior to the Mustang) and his buddies all rally behind him. People like that seriously turn me off to any automotive scene. These people aren't enthusiasts...