Clean wheels ideas?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sometimes ppl want to build a car they enjoy, and if getting a new clean set of replica wheels offered at an affordable price makes them happy. Then they should go for it. You build your car for yourself and if your working hard and trying to fund a hobby on a budget you don't have a lot of options. But I personally would take a new set of Rota wheels over curbed si's or ls meshies. And if you can find some mint oem wheels, and that's your style, then sweet!

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Who cares if they are knock offs? I'm not going to buy a set of wheels that cost $1k more than the car they are going on unless I'm just made of money. And if I was then I wouldn't be driving a 93 civic.

And I don't see half of the people who hate on replicas rolling on CCWs, SSRs, Volk etc

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who cares if they are knock offs? I'm not going to buy a set of wheels that cost $1k more than the car they are going on unless I'm just made of money. And if I was then I wouldn't be driving a 93 civic.

And I don't see half of the people who hate on replicas rolling on CCWs, SSRs, Volk etc
The people who actually care about others who want knockoffs, understand the dangers involved with such cheaply made wheels. There are some wheels that nearly have the cosmetic design and still use a proper construction method but their price reflects that...is usually a mid range wheel. When people choose to be as cheap as possible, you sacrifice quality. Some don't consider the cheap priced wheels that are well made because those wheels don't look like the baller expensive wheels. For instance, buddy club...they have low priced wheels, but the look isn't desirable. Rota looks similar to expensive sets but barely stronger than hardened poop.

By all means, if the op wants cheap wheels, we'll all say go for it, but just know what you're getting into.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I rarely see people criticize other people for buying replica wheels because they are dangerous, only because those people hate replicas. I've never actually researched how most of these wheels are manufactured. I don't see how these companies that are so hugely advertised and used could be so dangerous for average daily driving. And if they are why hasn't anything been done?

I can't justify myself paying top dollar for a set of wheels for my civic

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because people keep buying them...

Google rota breaking

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And this is results of an average drive from my house to piggly wiggly?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You rarely see it because most noobs just follow the crowd blindly. Why isn't anything done for the wheels...because the wheel manufacturer isn't responsible for bad roads and there is no particular amount of mileage the wheels are meant to last for.
The danger is the random hairline cracks and shattering of the wheels from, normal driving, rough roads, normal braking and hard, and aftermarket suspension stress. This like this shouldn't cause a wheel to break. It can happen to any wheel, the probability is greater with a wheel simply designed to look like another

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didn't crash! have a rota crack on her as well? I think it was before her gsr swap too.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll read up on those soon.

And I know she had rotas but I haven't been following her thread lately

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The people who actually care about others who want knockoffs, understand the dangers involved with such cheaply made wheels. There are some wheels that nearly have the cosmetic design and still use a proper construction method but their price reflects that...is usually a mid range wheel. When people choose to be as cheap as possible, you sacrifice quality. Some don't consider the cheap priced wheels that are well made because those wheels don't look like the baller expensive wheels. For instance, buddy club...they have low priced wheels, but the look isn't desirable. Rota looks similar to expensive sets but barely stronger than hardened poop.

By all means, if the op wants cheap wheels, we'll all say go for it, but just know what you're getting into.
^ I researched this and your absolutely right. I stand corrected.:oops:

aneidiaztorres

Hey I've had stock wheels (dull and boring 14" Honda rims), then I switched it up. I went and bought 16" XXR 513s. Measurements go as follows: front = 16x7 , rear = 16x8. 205/50/16 Firestone Firehawks all around. They've been good. Very eye opening, and so far reliable in all 4 seasons. Anyhow, I changed those up just for a little while. Got some 15" OEM Honda Fit rims. Brand new Firestones on those too. I forget measurements for those right now. Hey, got those 4 + brand new tires for $600 from my boy at work. :D:D:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:=)=)=)=)=):p ......... Here's a pic from a few months ago.

Yes, that's big bro 430 behind him...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is what our generation Civic hatch looks with Fit polished aluminum 15" wheels. I'll post some more with better views all around if want. Just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKFour

Thanks for the help guys, I actually have a set of 01 integra gs wheels 15". Opinions?

EKFour

Do you happen to know the size of its center caps? I've been thinking about replacing them with Honda caps