Conficker C worm!!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Conficker C worm watch out guys, if you haven't heard... already some guys talking about their s**t getting f**ked up already.

Repost from 7thgenhonda.com

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464

Don't know if you guys have heard about this or not but IF it happens it could do some serious damage to your PC or be the end of your PC. I suggest if you have valuable stuff on your PC such as documents, pictures, music, etc. you back them up tonight. Even if it doesn't happen its better to be safe than sorry

Supposedly this worm will take any personal information from your computer or potentially wipe your hard drive. Looks to be serious if it happens. Some reports say its as likely to happen as Y2K. As for me I'm not chancing it and will be backing my PC up tonight

Main point is prevention! update your computer's antivirus and operating system!

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gay rumor thats been flying around on 4chan. happy april fools day.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^actually conflicker is real and there are some versions with the date april 1 in their programming ( they make up a small part of the infected) but apparently it's only to download some lame update

in other words it's bs

Rawkout

5+ Year Member
guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if its a joke...stay tuned!!! :D

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea yea, there'll be more viruses out for macs some day.

but I'm all about the instant gratification. I am virus free right now and am feeling instantly gratified. :cool:

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought I had a c worm once, then I had the runs for a week. turns out it was a round worm.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah Conficker is a real virus but I really don't think its anything to be worried about. Just make sure you have all the updates installed and your antivirus is up-to-date and you should be fine.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah Conficker is a real virus but I really don't think its anything to be worried about. Just make sure you have all the updates installed and your antivirus is up-to-date and you should be fine.
X2, theres a deal on a local news site here that lets you download free software to protect yourself from this and it also states if your using windows, get all of the current updates and it will prevent it.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea yea, there'll be more viruses out for macs some day.

but I'm all about the instant gratification. I am virus free right now and am feeling instantly gratified. :cool:
:cool:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah. Just make sure that you have Microsoft Security Update MS08-067 installed and you will be golden. I spent most of my day at work making sure our machines were all up to date

I have more info on it if anyone is interested.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wait...question here. I have a MacBook Pro and am running Parallels desktop. I use it maybe once a month and it's running a legal version of Windows XP. Can my computer still be affected if Parallel's isn't running and my computer is shutdown?