Cops new Ford Taurus

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let me become a cop, ill make them paint me this to use as my patrol car f**k a taurus :lol:

:lol: kidding

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At least they're switching it up abit. They have been using the new Chargers and Durangos around my area for a couple years. Cop car is still a cop car, they dont look good in my rearview mirror.

And is it just me or others as well that get nervous when a cop is near you? Even if your cruising legit and all is gravy?

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, me too, after i got picked up for "fitting the description" (pure bullshit, it's cause I'm dominican with the afro of a God) i've been even more weary around cops, like there gonna slice me or something. smh

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The new Taurus SHO cost $38,000. Plus they have to paint it and put all the Police equipment on each car..
that's alot of money to be spending on Each police car..
you hit it right on the head.. thats just the thing... typical government mentality..

economy is s**t....
government owes more than we will EVER be able to come back from..

so lets spend MORE money.. go America! good thinking!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
let me become a cop, ill make them paint me this to use as my patrol car f**k a taurus :lol:

that thing better be boosted or it will get left behind if there's a chase going :lol:

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk ask xplod3r :lol:

and Yea, the economy is s**t, i never understood how a country could be in such a slump but yet they have gwap for new police cars like these. I'm not saying don't get new vehicle's but seriously, 38 grand? -___-

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe the cops wants to look fly when they're rollling down the neighborhoods lol

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The car will probably break down halfway through the chase :oh:
Cuz its a Ford?? Looking at domestic automakers i do believe Ford didnt need or ask for a bailout??? Why?? Cuz they have extremely reliable cars and trucks!! My friends family have own Fords for decades! Never had a single complaint. Im actually helping my wife look into a new taurus or Fusion for her next car!

I like the new look. Its about time they updated to new squad cars. 100HP more than the Crown Vic FTW!!

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some police officers come to my workplace and we have small chit chat.. And he was complaining about his 2003 Chevy Impala. I was like.. That thing looks in pristine condition! He said that he wanted a crown vic (which was bigger inside)

And it is boosted. And it is a steep price. Like OC said... I dont get it

A brand new 03 car. And he wants a new one. I wonder how many miles it has.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cuz its a Ford?? Looking at domestic automakers i do believe Ford didnt need or ask for a bailout??? Why?? Cuz they have extremely reliable cars and trucks!! My friends family have own Fords for decades! Never had a single complaint. Im actually helping my wife look into a new taurus or Fusion for her next car!

I like the new look. Its about time they updated to new squad cars. 100HP more than the Crown Vic FTW!!
my girl has an 03 Ford Taurus.. Its HUGE inside. HUGE trunk space. And the previous owner kept it in immaculate condition. It was serviced by the dealer its whole life it looks like.

74k miles and still really reliable. I have seen and predict no problems with it. As long as you take care of it I guess.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The new Taurus SHO cost $38,000. Plus they have to paint it and put all the Police equipment on each car..
that's alot of money to be spending on Each police car..
Did you read the article at all?? They make the car special for police. Of course it aint going to be cheap. They have to redo the entire interior! I saw that it has vinyl back seats and an anti-stab plate inside the seat.

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my gf bout a 01 taurus with 56k on it it and once it hit 80k everysingle peice of the car has needed replaced... i have never seen anything like it. on another note. give me 38k and i will make a badass cop car. it would be a civic of course but i bet it would keep up with that taurus

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Damn that thing is sexy though! ;)

And nay to the boost right now. We'll see what summer and my co-op job brings.... =)