Correct Eibach springs?

DatEM1

So I picked these up for $40 and was wondering if they are correct. Im new to hondas so not sure. They look like the old style when they made them dark red. Part number was washed off when when the guy I bought them from acetone washed them. He seemed legit though with a huge shed with two built track CRXs. I need to know though so any input would help.

DatEM1

No one? And can some one tell me which is front and which is back?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
First thing, we can't tell you if they are correct when there is no car given. Second, without the part number just looking at a set of springs does nothing. They all look the same outside of the vehicle and off of the shocks for the most part.

I am guessing if he rubbed off the part number before the sale, he was lying about what they fit. Sounds shady to me. If he rubbed it all off, are you even sure they are eibach.

I believe the ones that are smaller on top are the rears because of the perch but not sure it's been a while since I have installed springs on a civic. Google would probably get you a quick answer...

motakitty

Why would you wash them with acetone in the first place

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your guess would probably be good as anyone elses. With no clear identification or markings on them, they could be Eibach or they could be no name ebay garbage. Which I'd put my money on that it's something cheap and worthless.. Just because someone has a couple of track cars in their garage doesn't mean the stuff they're selling is top notch. The lesson? Don't buy stuff on the spot that you are unsure of. Pay the money for known quality parts. You'll save money and headaches in the long run.

DatEM1

I figured it was worth the 40. If they don't work I'm not that worried about it. The reason I did pick them up is because I drove awhile to get them. And I figured I shouldn't have to give a specific car here since this gen should all be the same.

DatEM1

So come to find out they are Eibach sportlines. I looked closely on them and the part numbers are there.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So come to find out they are Eibach sportlines. I looked closely on them and the part numbers are there.
Glad you found your answer :thumbs up