D series to?

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
I have a 2000 honda civic LX 4door, the vehicle has around 225000 miles on it and im looking to purchase a BRAND NEW ENGINE. Im not using the vehicle for anyform of performance, just my DD. What type of engine should i be looking for ? Engine d16y7

Last edited:

nerofotia

n00b
If it's strictly a DD, I'd say just build yourself a new d16y7.
Or, if you prefer to purchase, then buy a rebuilt d16y7.

But if you think you MIGHT wanna get some performance out of it...consider something else.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You won't really find a "brand new" engine per say... however you can find nicely rebuilt ones, or if you can take your car off the road for a few weeks you can rebuild your motor.

Go with a y7, or if you want a LITTLE more power, get a y8 (you get vtec and like +20hp, lol). You can find them for fairly cheap, then just bring the block to a machine shop to get all cleaned and fancy, and rebuild the head. If you do y8 you'll need a new ECU and a few other things, else if you stay with the y7 it's pretty straight forward.

Goodluck!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd definitely add the Y8, you love it. Give you a little more power, an it helps gas mileage more i think.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
If its your DD then just rebuild it and go with I.H.E and call it a day. but if you dont mine sitting for a lil bit build the bottom in and boost it. if boosting dont get you wet then do a swap to b16 or 18....but if you want to go wild do a h22 swap or a k20 swap. its just how much m oney you want to spend