D16Y8 Intake Manifold on D16Y7 Block and Head---Gasket Leak

Andrewt328

Ok so I have the y7 throttle body all cleaned. Now just trying to figure out the wiring. Is there a certain type of wire I need for that extra one or where do you suggest getting that wire from. And also was looking on the wire connector that connects the wires to the computer. How do I add that new wire in there? Do I need to somehow open up that clip and then put that wire in there.

RonJ

Banned
Now just trying to figure out the wiring. Is there a certain type of wire I need for that extra one or where do you suggest getting that wire from.
Just use a wire of the same gauge as the other IACV wires.

And also was looking on the wire connector that connects the wires to the computer. How do I add that new wire in there? Do I need to somehow open up that clip and then put that wire in there.
Go to a junk yard and buy some 96-00 Honda Civic ECU connectors. Depinning connectors is not difficult. Just solder the wire to the pin and insert into the current ECU connector at the correct location.

RonJ

Banned
Blk/Blu is at B23 like it should be.

See post #17.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrewt328

Did you read post #17?
yea, its just confusing because the numbering on the actual plug itself is not the same as what people are saying the pin numbers are...It looks like on the plug that it goes from 19 (on the right) to 25 (on the left), so i would assume that the blue/black wire is in pin 21, but the pictures say that its numbered the opposite way and its in pin 23

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
The pin numbers are the same. You are reading them incorrectly. Study the diagrams I posted. You'll figure it out.

Andrewt328

yea i got what i need to do, the numbering on the actual plug is confusing but i got it. I guess those numbers correspond to the back view of it, so the actual connections on the ecu
thanks

Andrewt328

Ok so i was trying to find similar gauge wire and the guy at the automotive store said it needs to be the exact same gauge and length or it wont work right. He said it would be best to rip apart the old wiring harness and use the wire from there. He also said that using a butt splice to connect the wires would not work because it would mess up the voltage or amps and said that i need to solder it. Does that sound about right to you? Thanks

RonJ

Banned
You should be able to match the wire gauge at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Regarding wire splicing, soldering and shrink wrap insulating are the way to go.

Andrewt328

You should be able to match the wire gauge at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Regarding wire splicing, soldering and shrink wrap insulating are the way to go.
Yea i bought some shrink wrap insulator at the auto store, but none of the auto stores could match the wire gauge and neither could home depot. I havent tried lowes. And im getting different answers for the gauge also, some say 20 and some say 22...is there a definite answer?

RonJ

Banned
Yea i bought some shrink wrap insulator at the auto store, but none of the auto stores could match the wire gauge and neither could home depot. I havent tried lowes. And im getting different answers for the gauge also, some say 20 and some say 22...is there a definite answer?
Try other hardware stores as well, or even Radio Shack. Just bring a snip of IACV wire with you to match. If it's close, you'll be fine.

Andrewt328

I replaced the tb and am using the new iacv with the correct wiring. Took off the old iacv and blocked the holes. It now idles very high, about 1500rpm, and haunting idle up to 2500rpm. It showed p0108 code while old tb was still connected. I then took it off and blocked the holes and is not showing that code anymore but idle is still the same around 1500 haunting up to 2500

RonJ

Banned
Check whether the throttle cable is too tight, holding the TB plate open.

Also check for a TB or IM gasket leak.

Andrewt328

Throttle cable is not connected. I have the cool air intake off so I can see the throttle body and the hole where the iacv sucks in air seems to be sacking in way too much air. If I cover that hole, the engine haunting stops but still idles high, around 1500