D16Y8 Intake Manifold on D16Y7 Block and Head---Gasket Leak

Andrewt328

I covered the tb air intake with my Palm. It had hard suction, the haunting stopped, but the engine did not die, and it was a little bit painful..lol

With my old tb the engine idled too low and i had to change the throttle screw on that one so it would idle right, now since i switched throttle bodies, it throttles really high and haunts. Its in much worse condition now...this is just so confusing

RonJ

Banned
The engine should have died. You have a massive intake air leak --> probably the TB or IM gasket.

Andrewt328

The engine should have died. You have a massive intake air leak --> probably the TB or IM gasket.

I covered the tb air intake and then sprayed carb cleaner around to see if idle would change...IM in fine, think it might be the seal on the actual iacv/TB connection....Im going to try to use some gasket sealant and see if that helps

Andrewt328

Also, i dont think the radiator fan is kicking on....Hasnt come on yet and when i just went to unplug the coolant lines to the iacv the coolant sprayed out of the line.

and it was giving the p0108 code, which is a map sensor code....could it be having errors because the TB i just installed is from an automatic and not a manual?

EDIT: Ok so i figured out that i had the wrong TB gasket, causing the vacuum leak. I have it idling fine now, but am getting code P0113, which is intake air temperature sensor. Not sure if this is related to my problem or not. One last thing, when i turn on my A/C, the car idle goes really low and makes a ticking noise, but when i rev the car, the ticking stops. I think the ticking is due to the idle being too low that the A/C clutch cannot kick on the A/C. Isnt the car suppose to atomically increase the idle when the A/C is turned on? Because mine is not doing that.

EDIT2: Ok so now i turned on my car this morning and its idling high and also has a haunting idle periodically. If i cover the TB air intake the car dies. It just seems like the IACV is taking in too much air and that its not adjusting air intake properly. I switched the IACV with another one, and its doing the same thing. Idling right now at about 1500rpm, no haunting idle right now.