DarkCreep's Turbo Kit Install: The NO FAITH/Craftsman/slight knowledge build! *PIX*

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are A/C compatible manifolds that are much better design that will allow the wastegate to function properly.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So....your jobless, collecting unemployement, and you bought yourself a turbo kit? ..............must be nice.

Have fun w/boost creep w/that manofld..... :thumbs up

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So....your jobless, collecting unemployement, and you bought yourself a turbo kit? ..............must be nice.

Have fun w/boost creep w/that manofld..... :thumbs up
Exactly.

PM me your paypal address, I never sent you your $20.
and for the record, I sold my blackberry for $200, broken 360 for $110, Valve cover for $65, header for $75, 30G fish tank for $50, Sidekick 2008 for $80, Sidekick slide for $50, 10G fish tank for $20 and sold some friends cell phones for 10% profit for me.. So its not entirely funded through unemployment, I did fund some of it through selling off trash. Give a little take a little.

Last edited:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k it at least your taclking the job. the most important thing here is that at the end of the day you learned something, and that you get your car run..
Yeah hehe, the car will run. I really wanna learn something.
on the downpipe
Will do =)
Ill see if theres any DP's for sale with it already, then ill just sell this one on the side.
eh.. your manifold is s**t bro. The wastegate is only going to be applied to ONE runner.
All runners still have "access" to it but I wouldnt mind a wastegate in the center of the manifold.
its designed that way so he can keep his A/C
Exactly. I <3 Air conditioning. After I get all this s**t figured out ill throw a slim push fan on it.
there are A/C compatible manifolds that are much better design that will allow the wastegate to function properly.
Can you post the link??

and dude im just starting this out, I never said im welding the manifold to the head and stuff. There is always room for improvement!
damn man, good luck with the project =)
Thanks a lot brosef. Have you sold your car yet?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WHat i meant for the Tee was a vacuum line tee.. the larger the hole the more boost you'll have. this goes on the line from turbo or manifold to wastegate. u should buy a variety pack to change them out for your needs.

the top of the BOV line redirects back to manifold.

If you dont have your manifold drilled for a vacuum source, get a vacuum block and tee off your brake booster line.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Will do =)
Ill see if theres any DP's for sale with it already, then ill just sell this one on the side.
i highly recommend against doing that. like i said before chances are things arent going to line up correctly and youre going to have to fab things. this is the nature of generic turbo kits on ebay. just take the one you have now to a muffler shop and let them do the fabbing for you. it will save you the hassle of selling your current dp only to have to fab the new one anyway.

EDIT: oh and one more thing is TEST FIT. before you start drilling and cutting test fit your kit, check clearances, double check and then do it again from the beginning. that will also save you a hassle down the road.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My powder coat guy sent me this pic. Pipes, FMIC and VC are done and my brothers will be done tomorrow. Hopefully the NXS boost controller arrives tomorrow along with the header wrap I ordered for the down pipe. *prays*

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i highly recommend against doing that. like i said before chances are things arent going to line up correctly and youre going to have to fab things. this is the nature of generic turbo kits on ebay. just take the one you have now to a muffler shop and let them do the fabbing for you. it will save you the hassle of selling your current dp only to have to fab the new one anyway.

EDIT: oh and one more thing is TEST FIT. before you start drilling and cutting test fit your kit, check clearances, double check and then do it again from the beginning. that will also save you a hassle down the road.
Will do man, I appreciate your input. Ill post here with results on Friday. Hopefully I can get most of the work done on Friday, Ill be happy with the oil lines ran correctly.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOOKS like an Ebay Kit if you ask me... I mean it looks nice but all the parts look like Ebay... Good luck man

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
keep us posted man :thumbup:
Will do man!!! I picked up the base mapp'ed P28 today and the turbo will be installed tomorrow morning, maybe leaking over onto saturday since im a reh-tard.
measure twice, cut once :thumbup:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu I shouldve thought of that before I got the pipes powdercoated!
LOOKS like an Ebay Kit if you ask me... I mean it looks nice but all the parts look like Ebay... Good luck man
Thank you captain obvious. What other calculations and observances have you made?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Alright started test fitting the parts right now and everything seems to line up alright.

I have a few questions though:
1. I couldnt get the oil return line inside of the red fittings so I slid it into the feed port and put some clamps over it. Its nice and tight and doesnt come off with all of my brute strength. Is it okay to leave it like that??

2. I was reading about "rotating turbos" and it seems to me like I need to do that. If you see in the pic, the oil feed line is at the bottom and the return is at the top. That doesnt look too good. So I basically unbolt the oil "sandwich" from both ends of the turbo, twist it 180 degrees then bolt it back up??

3. On the top of the wastegate, theres a fitting for a rubber line, where does that line go?

4. Does the waste gate set up look alright??

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you captain obvious. What other calculations and observances have you made?
Maybe I am missing something, but captain ASS, there is NOTHING on here that says it is an Ebay turbo, just that it is one put together by a local shop....

My comment was not rude I actually was pretty cool about it...

Also painting your Intercooler black is a horrible idea, it is supposed to be an INTERCOOLER... All your doing is heating up the air when the sun is beating on it... Thus defeating the purpose....

As I said in my last post good luck man...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a few questions though:
1. I couldnt get the oil return line inside of the red fittings so I slid it into the feed port and put some clamps over it. Its nice and tight and doesnt come off with all of my brute strength. Is it okay to leave it like that??

2. I was reading about "rotating turbos" and it seems to me like I need to do that. If you see in the pic, the oil feed line is at the bottom and the return is at the top. That doesnt look too good. So I basically unbolt the oil "sandwich" from both ends of the turbo, twist it 180 degrees then bolt it back up??

3. On the top of the wastegate, theres a fitting for a rubber line, where does that line go?

4. Does the waste gate set up look alright??
1.) probably not
2.) ya youre going to need to clock your turbo. now i dont know for sure but i think you can just switch the return flange with the feed flange and it will work the same. someone correct me if im wrong.
3.) the top nipple goes to boost controller or a vacuum source.
4.) wastegate looks good.