deciding to quit smoking......help

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i have decided to quit smoking. i started when i was 12, so back in 92. its 2012 and im gonna be 33 next year. so i think 20 years of smoking is very good for my health and the health of my two boys. even though i dont smoke in the house, they have to smell it on me when i come back inside from having one.

has anyone on cc kicked the habit? what worked for you? support group?

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
I know crash was talking about her boyfriend that quit with the vapor cigs. I have used the emerald lux version and it does work but its not the same.. have you tried the patch?

sent from my EVO eater

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also need to quit, I started around 15 years old just every now and then. Now 22 and it has became a regular thing, I would really like to quit the habit before it goes on longer.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Good call you guys... Great new years resolution! When you feel the need to smoke, take a hit off a vape cig. Or go workout.

sent from my EVO eater

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What makes me smoke the most is being at work. Im a technician and when were slow (around this time of year) I smoke a lot. It doesnt help that im around a lot of other people at work that do it.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive tried those e cigs, but i found out that for me i smoked the entire thing dry. tried the gum waaaay back in the day bout 97-98. that didnt work to well either. really didnt have the mindset on quitting.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I smoked for years. I just stopped buying them...

If you really want to quit then QUIT!!!

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
You HAVE to have the right mindset.. remember the phrase "If you set your mind to it you can do it"? Well your mind and body will tell you that you need it. Entertain yourself with a hobby.

The mind is a powerful force and you need to avoid thinking about it.

First you need to stay AWAY from the people that smoke. That's how I got back to it numerous times. I hope you get out of the habit and your body thanks you

Good luck!! :thumbup:

sent from my EVO eater

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see thats my problem....ive quit before, then somehow relapsed in to smoking again.

and thats what i plan on doin is once this pack is gone there gone. not having them around is the first step i think....but i get extremely irritable and cranky as hell.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been smoking for about 8 months, picked it up during mid terms to calm the stress but I'm wanting to get into the air force so I know I need to quit and I've had it in my mind to quit for like the past month maybe. I smoke maybe 3-4 while at work but lately I have found myself not wanting a cigarette after I get home cause I'm "smoked out". So yes I do believe it is a mindset and that you have to set yourself to it. Little by little I hope to kick this by the end of the year

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to smoke alot.. i went to regular spearmint or any minty gum, not the niccorette.. rather then smoke a cig i would chew a minty gum to breathe better for my hard labor job... it worked for me, and yea stay away from people that smoke,, drink less alcohol that causes that urge to have a cig to intensify the effect, and just carry some gum with you.. i use to smoke 2 packs a week now im down to a pack every other month

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Ive quit smoking twice, once when I was 18 and again at 22. I chew still, but cut WAY back to maybe a can a week. The only thing I can not quit is energy drinks. It's really tough when we get free redbulls at work but I did switch to the sugar free ones.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Think of all the cash that you will have in 3 months to drop into your car. :
could happen....but remember i got a 7 year old an a 6 month old. save money....ha....lol. should save it an buy a nice flat bottom fishing boat at the end of next year.

I started in 1995, I used Chantix...worth every penny!
tried chantix....found i get aggressive, violent and hostile while taking it.

sr6000

still a D
I've quit 5 times using the patch. I havent had a smoke in three and a half years. The longer it goes the easier it is but I still want one. hehe

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also stoped. im 18 now and started when i was 14 or so. i know not a big difference but still. what i started doing is pouches. its just like dip but instead its in a pouch so its not messy and also you can swallow it. i find that the easiest for me. and doing things like eating suckers chewing on gum ect also helps A LOT! Something to take your mind off of it. good luck to you.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I only smoke pot consistently, I smoke cigarettes occasionally. I'm glad I'm not addicted to cigarettes.