Democrats take the Senate

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rumsfeld tried to bail out several times before. President Bush refused his resignation everytime. This last time he made Rummy wait until after the election in a vain attempt to prevent his resignation from influencing the vote.

Regardless, Rumsfeld will not ever have to be accountable for his mismanagement of the Iraq Police Action. What a d**k.

Now the Dems can go about starting impeachment precedings....'cause you know if getting a blowjob from an adult intern is worth impeaching Clinton for, then with his record 'Dubya must truly be f**ked.

It's all about appearing to be right, not about what's good for the USA.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Melt said:
it just pisses me off that gas went down for the election and is now going back up .... it shows how much power these guys really have

hhahaha
melt, gas prices raise every winter :lol:

cummon, with the 1.5 million REAL things to gripe about with this presidency, dont you think fabricating things to complain about is a little asinine?

election morning the sun went up, then that night it went right back down.... damn bush :rolf:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
spook4thecia said:
No, you didn't just say that...

I'm no Rep or Dem lover but I can see who's at least a descent public representative... and Pelosi's not it.

You really are far left:shock:

Actually I knida chuckled:what:

Not liking Bush's policies(or maybe just being a Bush hater) doesn't mean you can't laugh when he makes a slightly humorous, bitter pill swallowing joke.

Yup. I'm shocked(or maybe not) that the American people couldn't see right through it. Ya know I used to shake my head and say "I can't believe they don't realize they can't win elections by just criticizing the Repubs." Well I guess they finally did.
well, congrats to her on the simple fact that she's the first female speaker. ;)

but... why does that make me far left..? :what:

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pelosi is a liberal cunt!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, since i'm all for liberals... =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Rumsfeld tried to bail out several times before. President Bush refused his resignation everytime. This last time he made Rummy wait until after the election in a vain attempt to prevent his resignation from influencing the vote.

Regardless, Rumsfeld will not ever have to be accountable for his mismanagement of the Iraq Police Action. What a d**k.

Now the Dems can go about starting impeachment precedings....'cause you know if getting a blowjob from an adult intern is worth impeaching Clinton for, then with his record 'Dubya must truly be f**ked.

pelosi herself said any talk of impeaching bush was off the table. they want cheney, specifically, they want the minutes to a spring 2001 meeting between cheney and the top energy ceo's, including enron, which have been kept top secret, and what most people believe is those minutes contain, among other things, the fixing of energy prices, and possible true motives for the iraq war.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
pelosi herself said any talk of impeaching bush was off the table. they want cheney, specifically, they want the minutes to a spring 2001 meeting between cheney and the top energy ceo's, including enron, which have been kept top secret, and what most people believe is those minutes contain, among other things, the fixing of energy prices, and possible true motives for the iraq war, and the best recipe for apple cobbler since my old aunt betty took her's to the grave. god rest her soul

because everyone knows that the first step to resolving a crisis is to point fingers.
when that's all done, then we can start to work twords fixing things

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
because everyone knows that the first step to resolving a crisis is to point fingers.
when that's all done, then we can start to work twords fixing things

i forgot when accountability for ones actions in a crisis is something totally disregarded?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
i forgot when accountability for ones actions in a crisis is something totally disregarded?

again, accountability is all well and good

but at this point we've shifted interest away from resolving the crisis, we're focusing on placing accountability, which will accomplish absolutely nothing

pointing fingers will not resolve the crisis
the dems won on a platform of fingerpointing, not resolutions

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
but at this point we've shifted interest away from resolving the crisis, we're focusing on placing accountability, which will accomplish absolutely nothing

it will accomplish plenty.. it will take all the assholes who have had a hand in this mess and idealy have them swinging from the gallows (even though thats too amazingly wonderfull to ever happen..)

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
:werd:

I saw something on Fox today... "Dems moving towards bipartisanship"... WTF? Are you f**king kidding me???

And I notice they're not complaining about the reliability of the voting machines anymore. :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
it will accomplish plenty.. it will take all the assholes who have had a hand in this mess and idealy have them swinging from the gallows (even though thats too amazingly wonderfull to ever happen..)

naw, that's wishfull thinking right there

and again, it will only accomplish in extending the "mess" as you call it

in the words of martha stewart, it's a bad thing

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
naw, that's wishfull thinking right there
and im wishing away..

$lick Rick said:
and again, it will only accomplish in extending the "mess" as you call it

in the words of martha stewart, it's a bad thing
well yes and no.. sure the direct act of punishing people in the wrong does not in fact fix the problem.. that does NOT mean that we let a rapist free.. or a serial killer free.. its not reasonable to ignore people in the wrong simply because punishment for them does not "fix the mess"... i am by no means a democrat OR republican.. as mike pointed out they are both full of s**t.. but i can say i am sickened by bush and the bush administration.. and evena stalemate with NO progress is better than a bush free for all with progress in the WRONG direction..

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
and im wishing away..

well yes and no.. sure the direct act of punishing people in the wrong does not in fact fix the problem.. that does NOT mean that we let a rapist free.. or a serial killer free.. its not reasonable to ignore people in the wrong simply because punishment for them does not "fix the mess"... i am by no means a democrat OR republican.. as mike pointed out they are both full of s**t.. but i can say i am sickened by bush and the bush administration.. and evena stalemate with NO progress is better than a bush free for all with progress in the WRONG direction..

maybe i should clarify

when i say that fingerpointing is not the first step to a resolution... i meant just that... it's not the FIRST step
once we've adressed the situation and atleast made an attempt to stabalize it, then you can start the fingerpointing.

as of right now, finger pointing alone will cost more american lives
as of right now, not only is fingerpointing the first step, it's also the only step planned
once we have someone to blame, then we'll start working twords a resolution :thumbdown

and shouldnt you be putting up the photography contest? :lol:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i see this therad turning into a big bashinf thead, just my opinion.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe eventually. seems pretty civilized at the moment. :D

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
How can it, with about 80% of the lounge in favor of the election outcome? :lol:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i for one, am in favor of the outcome of elctions. just saying, political disscusions usually go downhill

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
we dont do that anymore;)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yay. it's a big political lovefest.

how refreshing. =)