DiRT 3 Review

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Let me start off by saying I went straight from playing DiRT 2 to DiRT 3, and I ended up going right back to DiRT 2. Here's why:

They've gone in the wrong direction, yes the graphics are better (on certain things) and yes the cars look better, but other than that, it's worse.

In DiRT 2, you had to work for your money to get cars, had to pay to upgrade them, it was excellent, it kept me wanting to win so I can have the big bucks. Coming to DiRT 3, I was completely disappointed that they went away from this and went in the "Team Offers" way, which, in my opinion, was the wrong way. You no longer have several different cars to pick up, but now, mainly 2 or 3. WRX and Lancer are the main ones, and then for Landrush Toyota Tacoma. Complete let down, all you have are different skins, and that's it. One good thing is you can pick from different generations, but again, only 2-3 main cars, Fiat and Opel.

I spent about 30-40% of my time having to listen to the f**king announcers and watching stupid and pointless animations and cut scenes, and it got old, quick because most of the time you can't skip them, they force you to watch and listen to them, and it's usually "Wow, you did great out there" and then LONG explanations on different things, and then watching a car crash through yellow triangles, go into slow motion, whip around and you're points come up, you sit there for another 5 seconds because I guess they developed this thinking people can't read quick enough.

Races are short and frankly, not difficult. So short in fact, I found myself just restarting the race instead of using a flashback.

I did find the snow Landrush races with the trucks and buggies the most fun, as well as the Head2Head challenges.

Snow was odd, except for small side walls, which were covered in snow as well, it was difficult to tell where the track was and wasn't, wasn't difficult in the sense of competitors, but in the sense of "Where the f**k is the track?"

They lost what DiRT 2 had, which was fun, and excitement. It had a story, it kept you in, I could spend hours playing it, DiRT 3, after about 3 races, I was bored and ended up switching to another game.

In the end: Save yourself the money, keep DiRT 2 and bypass DiRT 3.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I played dirt 1it was fun ,never played
2 tho

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got DiRT 3 in my Gamefly Q. THanks for you opinion tho!

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
I agree 100% even tho I have not played any Dirt game. I played this and immediately deleted it after a couple races

cleanEJ6

So much amazingly biased opinion, so little objective review.

Dirt 3 offers a variety of multiplayer modes which are engaging and easy to pick up.
The graphics are top notch with a high level of damage modeling on the vehicles.
Races might be short for the die hard race fan but great for someone who likes being able to sit down, race, and go back to their life.
The car selection is not grand although all the AWD cars handle pretty much the same anyways.
Dirt 3 is geared towards the casual player who wants to do all the things they see Ken Block do on youtube without building a $40,000 car. If you enjoy quick bursts of spirited driving and laughing with your friends at impossible stunts, this game might be for you.
Dirt 3 features some qualities and race modes that Dirt 2 does not and may be a welcome addition to a Dirt 2 owner's collection. It is worth renting and then deciding if it has the replay value to be worth your $60.

It is not worth getting worked up and going on a super biased over-generalized tirade on a forum though.

XBL = TBROOKS240

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So much amazingly biased opinion, so little objective review.

Dirt 3 offers a variety of multiplayer modes which are engaging and easy to pick up.
The graphics are top notch with a high level of damage modeling on the vehicles.
Races might be short for the die hard race fan but great for someone who likes being able to sit down, race, and go back to their life.
The car selection is not grand although all the AWD cars handle pretty much the same anyways.
Dirt 3 is geared towards the casual player who wants to do all the things they see Ken Block do on youtube without building a $40,000 car. If you enjoy quick bursts of spirited driving and laughing with your friends at impossible stunts, this game might be for you.
Dirt 3 features some qualities and race modes that Dirt 2 does not and may be a welcome addition to a Dirt 2 owner's collection. It is worth renting and then deciding if it has the replay value to be worth your $60.

It is not worth getting worked up and going on a super biased over-generalized tirade on a forum though.

XBL = TBROOKS240
:roll:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I read this review somewhere else

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP