Dirty EM1 pics: B18 Tuuuuurrrbo

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there's some body damage that really gets under my skin. the passenger door and front fender have a gash, the trunk has holes from the spoiler, the rear bumper has tooth marks from a fukin dog chasing my car, the front bumper has the fog light cutouts which are too big for the intercooler piping... lots of work to get it clean

its a garrett t3t4 57 trim with a custom handmade manifold and custom 3" exhaust
clean!!

when do you hit full boost?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
there's some body damage that really gets under my skin. the passenger door and front fender have a gash, the trunk has holes from the spoiler, the rear bumper has tooth marks from a fukin dog chasing my car, the front bumper has the fog light cutouts which are too big for the intercooler piping... lots of work to get it clean

its a garrett t3t4 57 trim with a custom handmade manifold and custom 3" exhaust
well atleast you got the go fast part of the deal done, not just body work and you are f**ken legit

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
car is cleanly styled, i likes, but man get out there and wash it, plzzz, rofl

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
-remove the badge
-wash the car
-get off the grass
-take off the lip or paint it
-do something with those headlamps
wow, none of those things have ever crossed my mind :shock:
wait.. all of them have. but thanks for some imput :D

the wastegate starts singing right about 3.8 - 4k rpms, so thats full boost with 7psi

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:cool: like that? i thought it was a nice touch. im not sure about the "turbo" badge in the front upper grill, it might be overkill idk
Yeah, that needs to go and the piping in the front needs to fit better as well. I'd be interested in dyno's :].

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know the intercooler piping isnt perfect, but it fits. to get the driver side to look even with the passenger side there needs to be 2 additional bends and probably some frame cutting. ill get around to that later, right now its not priority..

the turbo badge is going to be relocated to the side of my PC case

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, I'll be the first to say it.
I hate you.
Because I love your car.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GD this is total BS when do I get a turbo. Oh look at me and my clean ass EM1 with a turbo. J/K Freaking sweet dude. I'll get there one day. Shes a beaut

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
oh man thats hot, the front mount looks f**king sick :thumbs up

did you do the install yourself?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, who gives a s**t how it looks, bigger piping is much better.
not always; bigger piping has a larger volume which means it takes longer to build boost pressure. 2.5" piping is what im using and it seem to be perfect for the job
GD this is total BS when do I get a turbo. Oh look at me and my clean ass EM1 with a turbo. J/K Freaking sweet dude. I'll get there one day. Shes a beaut
it took 5 years to finally build and boost, you'll get there too someday. tnx for the com's
oh man thats hot, the front mount looks f**king sick :thumbs up

did you do the install yourself?
the intercooler is probably going to be powdercoated black like the charge pipe is along with the rest of the piping and the valvecover. no, i havent the resources to put together a setup like this. my thanks go out to David and Daniel at R&D Motorsports in charleston.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You mind posting up the full list of the build. Pistons, cams, psi your running, etc...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You mind posting up the full list of the build. Pistons, cams, psi your running, etc...
LS B18B1 obd1 block
oem pistons/rods
ARP rod bolts, head studs
cometic head gasket
B16A2 obd2 head
polished runners
stock valvetrain
650cc injectors
B&M commandflo FPR
stock fuel pump, fuel rail
B16 hydro tranny
Exedy Cerametalic stage 2 clutch
Exedy flywheel
garrett t3/t4 57 trim turbo
tial BOV
tial 40mm wastegate (set at 7psi)
handmade ram horn manifold
3" downpipe
3" Vibrant TPV exhaust (currently changing the muffler and adding a resonator)
aluminum intercooler with 2.5" piping
Apex'i PowerFC ecu with Commander - rev limit 8300rpm - vtec 6050rpm

there's a lot of stuff i left out of the build list but this is all the stuff of interest
thanks, but no thanks ;)