dome light not on when doors open

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
hello guys! i bought a ex sedan a week ago and i notice that when doors are open the dome light dont come on, or the open door light comes on in the dash, but when i use the keyless entry they do turn on, and yes i can move the selector for always on and it works but dont matter what door is open dome light dont come on.
any ideas what i can try.
o btw the driver door sensor or whatever is called is broken, the thing that is suppose to be pushed in when the door is close is not there.
thanks in advance
i was trying to find a free pdf electric manual for this car but no luck.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had the same problem w/ my dome light, pop that baby out and look at the connections....i bet you theyre fried. I had to get a new unit.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do you have a aftermarket cd player? Mine does the same, happened since I put my aftermarket deck in. It's because the stock radio also has to do with the dome light when the doors are on...

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
really? ive never heard that. Mine wasnt working for the door when i had the stock radio in.
Man Honda w/ their freaking stock radio, putting all these important things in it like keyless entry and dome lights lol.

pheaton

5+ Year Member
LOL . That's a weird ass problem. You don't have the switch off do you?

How did you guys hook up your stereo?? Cutting random wires?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
o btw the driver door sensor or whatever is called is broken, the thing that is suppose to be pushed in when the door is close is not there.
that's your problem right there my friend. when the door is open that switch closes the circuit. since its broken the circuit is left open. you need to replace that switch

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
yes i do have and aftermarket radio, i dont think the connections are bad cause the light come on, when i move the selector or i use the keyless entry but not working with door opens

anyone know where i can order one of the door pin switch
pic of the broken pin (missing pin)

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hello guys! i notice that when doors are open the dome light dont come on, or the open door light comes on in the dash.

atleast your light turns on in your dash/ gauges cluster. my s**t doesnt work and i have been trying to figure that b***h out for LONG TIME!

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the dome light wire comes through the radio harness, i had this same problem, i dont think it is your sensor, maybe a bad fuse?

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
update: well today i decided to take the switch out and when i was pulling it out i touch the car metal and the light turn on =) so atleast now, i know all cables and stuff are in good condition however the light on the dash dont turn on, dont know why but well it work for every time i touched the car
everytime the 2 red dot came in contact light turn on

so now anyone know where i can buy another switch like that?
i found this one http://www.oznium.com/pin-switch but look to small for that hole.