done with honda?

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok...got an 02 ex 5 spd with short ram intake and full exhaust...(header to testpipe etc)...i dont think i like honda because either i bought a lemon civic or cars dont like me..whenever im driving and keeping the gas at a steady level it feels like my car lagging...it feels like every now and then its like maple syrup running through my gas...any suggestions or help please?!

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Try changing your fuel filter, or switch gas stations....My friend that works at a Kwik Fill gas station says they poor gallons of stuff in their gas every night, and he tells everyone never to buy gas there

Ace92028

Gold Member
When you purchased the car did you buy it from a certified dealership? Also when you bought it did it already have short ram intake and full exhaust...(header to testpipe etc)?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe honda just doesn't like you either :what:

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When you purchased the car did you buy it from a certified dealership? Also when you bought it did it already have short ram intake and full exhaust...(header to testpipe etc)?
bought it from a nissan dealer...but with roughly 80,XXX on it....no warranty...and it was bone stock when i got her....

Ace92028

Gold Member
Did you check the vin tags on the car? the fender/hood/doors to see if they are all the same?

Ace92028

Gold Member
well go check and see if it even has vin tags. If it doesnt that that means the factory oem parts were replaced because it was in an accident.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've never really liked those d-series engines. :what:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
welcome to 7th gens, they suck ass, i had one, and it ran like poo

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm thinking you bought a lemon. I"m still going strong 7 years later.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
give it to me... ill make it run properly...lol

ill start by removing all the BS... the SRI, the header whatever combo you have..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im pretty sure 7th gens are better left alone, than messing with em

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would say do a full tune-up, as stated before. Plugs, oil, fuel filter, clean your air filter, etc. Try some fuel injector cleaner too. And use gas from a reputable station. I use Shell.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought gas cleaner earlier...im gonna do whats suggested asa i get money...(college)...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know what thats like man. But just keep saving. Try and put away x amount of money from every paycheck. Even if its like $25 and you can only buy an air filter this month, spark plugs that month.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im getting a few parts soon...im going to get plugs and fuel filter...but idk what one to get? what brand is reputable without being over the top or is that the only way to go? ive seen $800...is it worth it?