dropping question

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They will know on Monday. they said to get it to stop making the wrenching noise it will be around $500 with parts, labor, and warranty on all the work.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your going to mod your car i think you need to learn how to do things yourself especially suspension work because its fairly simple.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your going to mod your car i think you need to learn how to do things yourself especially suspension work because its fairly simple.
your right, I think im going to go get that book everyone is talking about and do it myself.
If someone else can do it with their two hands I can do it with mine.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats the spirit lol but DONT even think of lowering your car if your factory suspension parts are shot. Maintenance is more important than anything, so before you do this replace the ball joints and such

Spoonsedan

5+ Year Member
But first get a job, spend your own hard earned money, not someone else's. And DIY is the way to go

anhtran

i have a guy selling his full coilovers for honda civic si 09, for 800 dollars, the brand is buddy club n+. he has been using it for around 3 to 4 months? you guys think i should buy it?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So me and my other civic buddy took a look at what is causing the problem since I decided to not take it to a shop. it is coming from the passenger side upper control arm rubber thing being dried out. Turns out there isn't really anyway to get them back to their previous condition. There are not cracks they are just old, any suggestions on things you've done for issues like this?

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not quite what I need but thanks Ill save that sight for later usage. its a kind of tube shaped thing. Ill take a picture of it when its light out side.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only thing that can dry out on the upper control arm is the bushing so you need to find a bushing replacement. It may be easiest to just buy new upper control arms

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wd40, grease, and oil. things dont squeak for no reason. there is probably somthing else wrong with the car.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The squeak is definently coming from that control arm bushing. but Ill give it some lube and see if that helps

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well you gotta replace teh bushing. It may have dried out since there is stuff kinda like grease in it. either get new upper ball joints which may come with a bushing or new control arms. Idk if you can buy just replacement bushing for there. I had read online you cannot take those control arms apart

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i could be wrong though. tomorrow ill have to check mine. I think i have them in a box in my garage. What state you in? if your closeish ill sell ya mine