Not open for further replies.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
si will raise your insurance. the beauty of a swap is that you dont tell your insurance company, so that you get the speed of a sports car without having to pay the huge insurance costs. you'd pay more a year for insurance on a faster car to start than it would cost you to swap in an ls motor.

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
all b series motors
Are these the ones your talking about, are these the best/easiest to swap into a 92-95 civic hatch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2421831051

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2420528755

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2420909741

Also, this is the cheapest/easiest motor I can swap into it, with NO complications, they work 100%?

any web sites you can name that have b18b's for cheap?

Also what is a ZC motor, are they good, bad, they are dohc right? And its 130 hp, so isnt that better then a sohc Si engine that only has 125 hp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2421401738

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya go B18B. No wiring, good torque, cheap, will probably put you car in the 14's especially if you mate it with a GSR tranny, and you can go three ways with it: Turbo because of it's lower compression, LS/VTEC if you want to get dirty with a head swap, or just build up the engine with bolt ons and cams, nitrous whatever. So many options with that engine. I was originally going to swap the B18B1 into mine, but I decided I wanted do something different than most, that's the only reason im choosing the d16z6 instead.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by Dakkon
Are these the ones your talking about, are these the best/easiest to swap into a 92-95 civic hatch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2421831051

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2420528755

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2420909741

Also, this is the cheapest/easiest motor I can swap into it, with NO complications, they work 100%?

any web sites you can name that have b18b's for cheap?

Also what is a ZC motor, are they good, bad, they are dohc right? And its 130 hp, so isnt that better then a sohc Si engine that only has 125 hp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2421401738
ok first, a zc is dohc, but it is NOT a b series motor- its a d series. it is also obd0, so its a pain to wire, and illegal.

2nd all the motors there are just that- engines only. you need to buy somethign that is a "complete swap"- with axles, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, shift linkage distributer, etc all in it.

3rd, the b18b is the cheapest and easiest b series to swap in. the easiest swap of all is to swap the same motor you have, but you dont want that.

4th, dont buy a b18b from a website, they will overcharge you and they will nail you with shipping. just get in your local phonebook and see if they have any (preferably 94-95 cus of obd1) 94-01 non vtec integras/ teg drivetrains for sale. if you can, just get the whole car, so you know you have everything you need to do the swap. also buy the helms factory shop manual for both the car you buy and the car from which your getting the engine. this will be an invaluable tool.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jdm hondas had b16's stock, the only cars with b18's stock were integras.

g4hatchie

the slammed SOHC
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by b18c/type-rhead
what kinda honda is it when it comes with any kind of b18 motor stock?
you have a gsr/type-r hybrid and you dont know that? :???:

Red92si

Super n00b to the Rescue!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey..just keeping looking for an Si..i got my si for 3300 and it was in great shape and everything. You have to just get lucky..and be patient..but dont settle for a dx and it be slow and u hate it..just wait for an si to come around and u'll be happy..i know i was when i got mine..i'll have to post some pics for ya soon.

-Troy

atlvietspoon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so if you have a VX, do you have to hook up the knock sensor wire when you do a d16z6 swap into the VX?

SuperHatch

I hate the ford focus.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a D16z6 swap!!! I swaped one into my 93 DX, and it's way faster! Plus the motor was cheap, like $300. plus, it's only got 88K miles on it. There is a lot you can do with those motors. i have a buddy with a B18 something in his 91 integra LS, and its slower.

92jdmSIhatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have an si, and when i had the stock engine in there, it was way faster than my stock cx. my si doesnt have airconditioning. engine swaps are not that hard. honda has everything so it just plugs in easily. everything is the same shape, even on the acura engines(b18's). it is worth it to wait for an si. i have had 3 civics before my si, and i wished that i wouldnt have wasted my money on those first three. the si with an aem intake was just that good, and it had 200, 000 miles on it. hope that helps.

92jdmSIhatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebars is right. a b18b is a badass engine, thats whats going in next. know anyone that wants a c5 and a greddy turbo? i need a better compression matched to a turbo for less turbo lag. if going with a turbo, dont go with a vtec unless you have a vtec timer. spoon Sports makes a badass vtec timer.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SuperHatch
Do a D16z6 swap!!! I swaped one into my 93 DX, and it's way faster! Plus the motor was cheap, like $300. plus, it's only got 88K miles on it. There is a lot you can do with those motors. i have a buddy with a B18 something in his 91 integra LS, and its slower.

I dunno about that one Super hatch some people would disagree about the being faster part......

SuperHatch

I hate the ford focus.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know its faster than it used to be, but this motor's got some mods. who knows.

EVIL-cIvIc

P.I.M.P (BrONzE MeMbEr)
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait for a si, its worth it, if u can't find one or can't afford it, simply get a dx/vx/ or cx and do the b18b swap, have u been looking at any coupes, if u find an ex coupe for around the same price u were willing to pay for the hb then take it, ex coupes kick ass and it is basically the same thing as an si.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty sure i can help you. mostly every civic i owned was a 92-95 i had almost every model except DX, right now i have a SI and a CX both with b16 motors and to tell you the truth the SI handles better, i would have better braking but there not to great now ( have to bleed them 2 times a day ).. the CX sucks i wouldnt buy one unless its for track use thats why im turboin it, and like everyone said the VX is good for swapping either a SI motor or a SIR motor..

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HOLY s**t!! you have to bleed your brakes twice a day- wouldnt it be easier to fix your problem?

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uhh.. anyone realize this is a thread from 2003?

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HANDLBARSFSR- just a question... when you were saying his signature said import racer...im still trying to learn the site- i cant find what u r talking about- where did you see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.