Ebay exhaust yes or no?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had an ebay exhaust once. the piping was decent quality but the muffler was worthless, so i had the fart-can muffler cut off and straight piped it out the back. sounded like a buddy club spec 2 and looked sick, but it was loud as fak. so i don't recommend straight piping it, rather i suggest having a nice quality muffler installed onto the ebay exhaust. something like a vibrant streetpower would be sweet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1146-Vibrant-Streetpower-Flat-Black-Muffler-2-5-/110754790291?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c97ffb93

Last edited:

95eggsr

quad box
i had the same exhaust on my gsr with ebay header and blox test pipe. loudest most raspiest exhaust ever. threw a thermal r&d catback on and it sounded amazing. wouldnt suggest it unless you use the midpipe only and ditch the axleback

aneidiaztorres

I bought an exhaust system off Ebay. I think it was in the price range of $180. No name brand system. Just the regular deal everybody is getting evidently. Headers all the way back. Anyhow, here's my experience. Everything seemed good upon delivery. Keep in mind, this was my second time using eBay for an exhaust system. The first time, I had a bad experience. It was my fault tho. Bad installation. Anyhow, the new system looked good. But when I tried to install, it was off. Same old case as other eBay buyers.

LUCKILY & FORTUNATELY, my pops is a master of soldering and inventions. He carefully cut it, weld it back together, and left it looking like it was made OEM for the car. Yes, it is that nice. It was a masterpiece. I must admit. I can't post pics up right now, but when I can I DEFINITELY WILL. The exhaust doesn't sound bad. Deep aggressive tone to it. As I get older tho, I'm starting to feel that sound wack. And I'm only 20. I'm thinking about just slapping on an OEM muffler at the end and keeping the current exhaust system.

The experience with Ebay was bitter. But at the same time, great. With a little dedication and modification, it'll turn out great. As far as quality of actual material, it's better then the first time I bought an exhaust system off Ebay. If it matters, second time around, I payed a bit more for the exhaust system. Anyhow, the new installation has Been holding up good so far. Please, I will post pics up soon. When I do, tell me what you guys think ok. Thanks!

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

aneidiaztorres

Billy. said:
i had an ebay exhaust once. the piping was decent quality but the muffler was worthless, so i had the fart-can muffler cut off and straight piped it out the back. sounded like a buddy club spec 2 and looked sick, but it was loud as fak. so i don't recommend straight piping it, rather i suggest having a nice quality muffler installed onto the ebay exhaust. something like a vibrant streetpower would be sweet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1146-Vib...item19c97ffb93

IMAGE#1
Hey how does that Vibrant Streetpower exhaust sound? Is it loud or sound quiet like the OEM exhaust? I'm looking for that more quiet sound now. As opposed to the loud eBay exhaust system tail piece. Lemme know please!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Y are all these old threads being bumped?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey how does that Vibrant Streetpower exhaust sound? Is it loud or sound quiet like the OEM exhaust? I'm looking for that more quiet sound now. As opposed to the loud eBay exhaust system tail piece. Lemme know please!

It sounded great. It wasn't super quiet, but nothing like a fartcan system. I would say about half the volume, but with a better tone.
U mad bro?
:lol:

aneidiaztorres

Billy. said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by aneidiaztorres

It sounded great. It wasn't super quiet, but nothing like a fartcan system. I would say about half the volume, but with a better tone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymmeryloss

U mad bro?
I really wanna get that quiet as possible sound. Please bro, what do you recommend? Idk if connecting an OEM muffler professionally welded to the already Ebay exhaust system would cure my problem. What do you think? Please gimme some suggestions. I'd deeply appreciate it.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't understand how some people can think a tin can, literally, sounds good... :wtf:

The previous owner (my friend) got an cheap no name exhaust from ebay for my '91 that I race. I installed it. Fitment sucked. Had to modify and wrestle the stupid thing on there. It sounds like absolute ass. Loud, it blew 96dB from about 50+ft turning away from the mic at a race early this year. Which is loud if you didn't know... Not only is it loud, it is by no means a clean loud sound. It is buzzy as hell and raspy. I've never heard one single person say it sounded even half way decent. Needless to say, I'll be chopping that poor excuse of a "muffler" (it has nothing inside, it is literally a tin can) off and putting on something good over the off season.

That's just my personal experience. I see about a dozen civics around town every day that clearly have a cheap no name exhaust on their car. It fits their car like crap. Some are tucked too far under the bumper. Some are off-center. Some stick too far out from the bumper. Some look like they are about to fall off. So clearly fitment and quality is an issue. Then the sound, holy crap do they all sound bad. Some sound kinda low and deep at a very low rpm and on a slow start, but once they get up on revs and get moving it gets all raspy and loud. They are all obnoxious.

My point, spend the money on something decent and don't get laughed at by everyone on the road, car people or not... trust me they are laughing lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand how some people can think a tin can, literally, sounds good... :wtf:

The previous owner (my friend) got an cheap no name exhaust from ebay for my '91 that I race. I installed it. Fitment sucked. Had to modify and wrestle the stupid thing on there. It sounds like absolute ass. Loud, it blew 96dB from about 50+ft turning away from the mic at a race early this year. Which is loud if you didn't know... Not only is it loud, it is by no means a clean loud sound. It is buzzy as hell and raspy. I've never heard one single person say it sounded even half way decent. Needless to say, I'll be chopping that poor excuse of a "muffler" (it has nothing inside, it is literally a tin can) off and putting on something good over the off season.

That's just my personal experience. I see about a dozen civics around town every day that clearly have a cheap no name exhaust on their car. It fits their car like crap. Some are tucked too far under the bumper. Some are off-center. Some stick too far out from the bumper. Some look like they are about to fall off. So clearly fitment and quality is an issue. Then the sound, holy crap do they all sound bad. Some sound kinda low and deep at a very low rpm and on a slow start, but once they get up on revs and get moving it gets all raspy and loud. They are all obnoxious.

My point, spend the money on something decent and don't get laughed at by everyone on the road, car people or not... trust me they are laughing lol
This.^^

I had an eBay exhaust on my old 95 civic ex. Sounded half decent, fit like hell. Burned a hole in my bumper trim, hung down way too low in the midpipe. Definitely buying a good reputable brand name next time around. Hopefully for a del sol ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really wanna get that quiet as possible sound. Please bro, what do you recommend? Idk if connecting an OEM muffler professionally welded to the already Ebay exhaust system would cure my problem. What do you think? Please gimme some suggestions. I'd deeply appreciate it.

Find an OEM RSX muffler. The stock civic muffler is pretty restrictive, but if you find a stock muffler of a different make/model that has a natively larger exhaust diameter, you get the quiet of a OEM muffler with the performance gain of aftermarket.

aneidiaztorres

THANK YOU! that was the most logical down to earth answer I've been looking for. I'm thinking about the 06' Civic Si muffler. If not that one, I'm definitely gonna look into that RSX muffler. Thanks again bro!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't have to limit yourself to those mufflers. If you happen across a muffler from like an SUV or V6 car, that could work too. Just be sure the inlet pipe diameter is the same (or close) to your eBay exhaust diameter, and that the inlet and outlet pipes are centered on the muffler. Otherwise you'll have some extra cutting/welding to do but nothing an exhaust shop can't handle.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread is a year and a half old…

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread is a year and a half old…

aneidiaztorres

I bought an exhaust system off Ebay. I think it was in the price range of $180. No name brand system. Just the regular deal everybody is getting evidently. Headers all the way back. Anyhow, here's my experience. Everything seemed good upon delivery. Keep in mind, this was my second time using eBay for an exhaust system. The first time, I had a bad experience. It was my fault tho. Bad installation. Anyhow, the new system looked good. But when I tried to install, it was off. Same old case as other eBay buyers.

LUCKILY & FORTUNATELY, my pops is a master of soldering and inventions. He carefully cut it, weld it back together, and left it looking like it was made OEM for the car. Yes, it is that nice. It was a masterpiece. I must admit. I can't post pics up right now, but when I can I DEFINITELY WILL. The exhaust doesn't sound bad. Deep aggressive tone to it. As I get older tho, I'm starting to feel that sound wack. And I'm only 20. I'm thinking about just slapping on an OEM muffler at the end and keeping the current exhaust system.

The experience with Ebay was bitter. But at the same time, great. With a little dedication and modification, it'll turn out great. As far as quality of actual material, it's better then the first time I bought an exhaust system off Ebay. If it matters, second time around, I payed a bit more for the exhaust system. Anyhow, the new installation has Been holding up good so far. Please, I will post pics up soon. When I do, tell me what you guys think ok. Thanks!

Like I said, my pops really did his thing with the installation. I feel no shop would have came even close to quality or longevity of the job.

He made up metal things and custom connected it to the system all the way back. To assure pipe never sags, falls apart, etc. Left it looking OEM. You guys gotta agree. Look at how that pipe looks all the way back. Considering the fact, you KNOW Ebay systems always come terribly OFF. As so did this one.

Here's a side view of installation.

And there's the last part. The muffler. :confused::mad:;)... I like the way it looks personally. Sound is not all that bad. I just want that OEM quiet sound back. But I love the way my pops finished the overall job. He took like 2 days and that's allot when he does something.. He is very meticulous. Please, tell me what you guys think.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
3" turbo-back with vibrant streetpower