Ebay exhaust yes or no?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You get what you pay for. It will sound like cr4p within 6 months IMO.

cleanEJ6

Everyone talks a lot of smack about Ebay products but.......It is kind of a roll of the dice. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Megan Racing was exclusively Ebay marketed when they started and their exhaust sounded great on my 240 and lasted for years until I sold the car. If the one you want lasts 6 months well you didn't lose much. If it sounds like s**t the instant you install it, sell it for the same price to some retard on your local craigslist.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ agree ebay is usally a complete 50/50 on if its gonna be good or not, but there are exhausts and everything else on tunersports.com and other sponsers that are brand names and usally go for something decently close to the ebay prices.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would stay away from ebay exhausts. Will probably be loud and ricey.

Go with something you hear reviews on and know what it will sound like.

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would stay away from ebay exhausts. Will probably be loud and ricey.

Go with something you hear reviews on and know what it will sound like.
actually the one i bought from ebay isn't really loud and ricey heres the link for the company where i bought mine and its the same exact one as in picture just sounds deep and good no ricey sound to it if i can find out how to add a video ill post one up of it on my car

http://dnamotoring.com/store/index.php/exhaust-system/catback-exhausts/92-00-honda-civic-eg-ek-2-4dr-catback-exhaust-system.html

Decipher

Registered VIP
I bought almost the exact same exhaust for my 96 EX sedan off of eBay about a year ago. I was so pissed I could've killed someone when I went to install it. It was a complete system, headers all the way back. Everything bolted up fine from the front and back but when I got to bolting up the last flange in the middle(from the cat to the mid-section) the flanges were off by like 30 degrees, and were short by about 2 inches. Just to get it to the shop I had to turn an entire section completely upside down to get it to bolt up, which meant that the hangers were pointing down about 1" from the road. Had to get a piece fabricated to close the gap and line up the flanges. Long story short it was a pain in the ass.

Even after the fabrication, which was done by one of the most skilled guys around here, the exhaust doesn't hang right... there's a bend in the piping for no reason that actually angles the whole cat-back section down instead of tucking it up into the heat shield. It's almost like the parts were manufactured backwards. Because of this, I can't lower my car to the height that I want, because the exhaust already scrapes due to this hanging. It really pisses me off.

So yea, since I did the install myself, even with the fabrication it still only cost me a total of like $250 including shipping. So, it's cheap yes, it functions yes, it's lasted a year, it is an exhaust... but the moral of the story is that I will have to end up buying another, quality system in the future because this one is sub-par and is inhibiting other desires I have for my vehicle.

Not worth it. Save the money, do it right the first time. I attribute my mistake to my being a noob at this s***, and this being my first project, with no knowledge and no guidance, which is why I felt the need to impart my experience. Good luck!

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I'd stay away, also...You get what you pay for. If it is cheap, it's probably cheaply made...I'd go with a name brand, or go to an exhaust shop, and have one custom made...that way the fitment will be better.

MugenRR

Banned
go to a muffler shop so u wont wait, or go to auto zone or advance n buy the muffler!
yeah dude get the muffler from advance auto,i heard good s**t from em

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I bought my 3" exhaust on eBay to go along with all my expensive turbo stuff (I was out of $ so I needed a cheap exhaust lol). Bought a good muffler to go with it.

BUT, the eBay exhaust actually sounded VERY nice, sooo I returned the muffler and kept the entire exhaust eBay... no complaints at all, and couldn't beat the price.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah my buddy has had 2 ebay exhausts, they have been somewhat loud, but have sounded pretty damn good, not very ricey. Just get a cat back, then buy the header separate, if you're looking for a full exhaust.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
I have the same exhaust.Not loud at all. It fit nearly perfect to my old hangars and stuff. Has a extra o2 bung ? It sounds low and is very durable. I just recently back mine into a parking block thing and it bent it. My exhaust buddy bent it back by heating it up an all went well. He did reccomend I replace the muffler. Which i will do.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This thread is kinda old.....

But I will say this: You get what you pay for. Don't be disappointed if it sounds bad or goes to s**t sooner than you expected.

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
What series are those headers for? Easy install? I would never suggest buying ebay quality parts, but that looks like a good bang for the buck. ^Directed at the guy above me

BuddhaStyle

don't get it. i have one the whole complete i bought one for my 95 civic and it suck nothing line up and i had to get everything weld all over again. but if you want its your car

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The ones I bought didn't fit my EF very well, and the o2 bung put the wire into the radiator fan.