Ek Crashed, EG Here I Come

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ok so im gonna try and push this and get it done by honda day gonna be some long hours though it its gonna happen i just hope my plans turn out how i want.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Small update.

Anyone have any idea's on what I can do to still use this intake manifold? I have another one but this one is so much cleaner and just in overall better shape other than the broken part.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Broken tps sensor off new one ordered.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Clutch installed and if you look close you can see the half shaft sticking out the end go that put on today too, it is getting droped in tomorrow so my next pictures will be it in the bay. Ecu order from phearable.net, so will be running soon.

This is a bag of bolts and nuts i spent $67 dollars on at lowes

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Your hood is bent.

You get it running?
the hood is not bent but it does have a dent on the drivers side but it has spacers in it so the hood wont rub on the valve cover or the radiator. Not yet waiting for my ecu to get in and then got to throw the intake manifold on it and buy some more hose and small stuff ill post a video of it running when i do and after its broke in ill post another video.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Just Some More Pics=)

I no everyone can see that ugly rust I cant wait to get it running so I can drive it out to my buddy's dads house and replace those quarter's and paint it.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
I just wanted to thank everyone for there ideas help and support its because of you guys that i even love to work on my honda, this site gives me inspiration to have a really clean civic one day and not just a polished turd. Well i booked my hotel for honda day tonight and i cant wait to go and check out everything get some new ideas and just have a good time it will be the first time to it so im pretty stoked if the eg is ready for the trip we will be taking it but if not ill be showing up in a chey but o well as long as i get there.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
the hood is not bent but it does have a dent on the drivers side but it has spacers in it so the hood wont rub on the valve cover or the radiator.
Didn't know the eg's needed spacers for any swaps. What mounts are you using?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Didn't know the eg's needed spacers for any swaps. What mounts are you using?
Cheap ebay solid mounts and the valve cover hit a lil bit and that radiator did too. I didnt think so either but it was or i wouldnt of done it.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Looks good man, bet you cant wait for paint and to get that rust fixed hah
Thanks man, same here I have the quarters in the trunk ready to go but I dont have a garage at my house so I can only work on it when my buddys are home so not just whenever I can.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ok we got it running today but it is still not 100% in time, also i no we rain the iacv hose's and the ones off the bottom of the throttle body wrong if anyone has a diagram on where they go this would help alot.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Love the way this project has come along good job
Thanks man, Still a long way to go but got it home today by its own power. There is alot of cabin shake with those mounts, and i still have to tweak the lifters there is a slight chatter in one after i did them today nothing big but i dont like it. Shifter has mad slop in it so need to fix that as well, and found out today the tack and gague cluster lights arent working either so six months into this build and im still finding new problems out.

Domo sol

Well I found a whole shiz ton of problems with my car the day after I brought it home lol it sucks. But we gotta believe in HONDA POWER.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Well I found a whole shiz ton of problems with my car the day after I brought it home lol it sucks. But we gotta believe in HONDA POWER.
Very true it might have problems but i love my honda's out of every car that i have owned they are the easiest to work on and you have so many different options when it comes to swaps, wheels, ect... But sometimes I get mad and just say im getting ride of it then I talk myself out of it. Lol

I do think it is still out of time the car has a cackle when you down shift and at higher rps it has a studder and a slight miss when you are just crusing.

Update 4/21/13

Well everyone should no that a d series and b series throttle cable is not the same well I didnt so this weekend me and a buddy took the civic to his dads garage and made this re location bracket so i can run my d series throttle cable. They cost $25 online but i paid nothing for this just spent about 30 min making it.

After re adjusting my lifters I felt like taking this picture it looks so nice.

The hood looks so good popped from the back had to take a pic of it.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Update 4/28/13

Small update got the car running top notch all the leaks have been fixed, no more ticks, and new wires and plugs. Also did a little tinkering with the cluster got the rpm gauge to work and the gauge lights to work but I dont no how I got the gauge lights to work, all I did was take the dimmer switch out of my gfs car plugged it into mine they started working plugged mine back in and they stayed working so no arguments here. I do have condensation coming out of the exhaust but it smells a little funny to me it is not oil I have owned hondas that burned oil before but I dont think its antifreeze either but I dont know I might end up doing a compression/ leak down test when I get the chance.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Update 8/17/2013

Well totaled yet another civic but this time i didnt let ins take it.

This is my new one and yet it is also my old one as well I sold it to my sister about a year and a half ago and three months after she had it it spun a rod bearing and so for the last year and three months it has sat in her drive way and has been a kids playground when I went to pick it up there was about 100 toy guns in the trunk from my nephew :lol:. It was his honda and I had to talk him into wanting a dirt bike to get it back. But this was the last photo I took of it before I sold it.

This is the motor out of the one I wreaked, it is already droped into the new one and the ex front breaks are now on the dx they are a tad bit bigger. As you can see all the leaves under the hood of the car.

This is all of the turbo parts I have putting all of them on this sunday except the down pipe.

Last but not least on 8/12/13 I ordered a moroso oil pan it is already taped for a drain line and has some other features, along with 440cc injectors, a 60"x60" sheet of jdm anime vinyl for the hood, and a new basemap chip from phearable.net. Now tonight 8/17 I order a set of function and form type 1 coilovers, purple rear sub frame bar, blackworks purple lca's, Purple VMS aluminum lug nuts, honda center caps black with red H, Eastwood single stage gallon of black paint, and 11 vinyl jdm window stickers that I think are funny. Last thing on my mind is man this thing is getting expensive I have around $2200 in the motor and trans, $1200 in turbo parts, $700 in the shell, and I don't know how much I spent on all the other goodies I wanted but it's adding up.