eK4TheWin's 2000 Hatch Build Thread (My First Ever)

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good so far man. I also got my hatch from a family member and had to replace the clutch.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
subscribed
:like::thumbs up
Have fun with clutch. Still not looking to forward to me needing new clutch.
Lol fun, ryt. I know what you mean. Thankfully I've got down to like 4 hrs. And that's me being meticulous
Looks good so far man. I also got my hatch from a family member and had to replace the clutch.
:word: lol

Here's a nice little pic for you guys.

By ek4thewin at 2011-12-29

UPDATE: Found a leak at the rear main seal and another at the oil pan. No big deal, just swung by boy's at the dealership and picked up both for $10. Will be installed with clutch tomorrow.

Aaaaaand more pics lol

By ek4thewin at 2011-12-30

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man are those rims dirty. Nice job cleaning them up though.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I see your rockin the sock and sandals combo...nice lol. Are you going to paint or powder coat the wheels?

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
I see your rockin the sock and sandals combo...nice lol. Are you going to paint or powder coat the wheels?
Lol yup. The comfort being home :cool: Im gonna paint em. Powdercoating would be great but its too expensive for me at the moment. Also, i like the control i have over how they look when im personally painting them.

in for this build!!! hope you get the wheels how you want them!
I jist went back through and love the valve cover
Thanks for the props guys!

UPDATE: Clutch and flywheel were installed this weekend. It took much longer than we expected. They smelled awful for the first fifty miles as they settled into their home. Kinda like old grease burning but with more of a grinding metal kinda hint to it. Bon appetit, little Y8. have to give thanks to my boy Herb for knowing what the hell he was doing. This guy's a freakin genius. And thanks to my boy Christian for just hanging out and talking nonsense the whole time lol. Pics coming up today!!

Also, Ive sourced an LS block. A good friend of mine took it out of his LS to put a new one in. So he's giving me the old one for free. Im gonna save up the next couple of paychecks to take it to the machine shop and bore it 30 over. Once thats done, im putting all brand new (or re-machined, depending) parts as well as gaskets. And lets not forget the block guard lol. Im also feeling Type R pistons. We'll see.

This whole build will be happeninh in my garage on an engine stand. The beat way IMO. Until then, go D16, go!

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
PICS

Nothin new on the outside but...

By ek4thewin at 2012-01-02

OOOOLLLLLDDDD CLUTCH

Pictured:
My boys Herb, Chris, and Julian.
A nasty transmission before cleaning.
New clutch and flywheel
A little fun.

Notes: The D is still very weak in gears 2-5 although it shifts very nicely. First gear pulls well. I might take the computer to my boy to see if he can burn a chip for it. Just trying to have some fun while I work on the swap.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A D is weak in 1-5 lol. And under 300 wheel isn't a good reason to have and Ls trans. about 400 is where I'd go for one. And your buddy can't burn a chip if your car is still obd2, not like it would be worth anything on a y7.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good, now how bout more of the rex?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can pick up that seeker wing for about $800. Not outrageous.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
A D is weak in 1-5 lol. And under 300 wheel isn't a good reason to have and Ls trans. about 400 is where I'd go for one. And your buddy can't burn a chip if your car is still obd2, not like it would be worth anything on a y7.
Thanks for the heads up about the chipping. As for the LS tranny, i think the swap justifies it. Im pretty sure that 250 will be the minimum. With the build im doing, i'll definitely be getting more than that. Although not 400 :shock:
Looking good, now how bout more of the rex?

Thanks man. What do you mean by rex? Lol
You can pick up that seeker wing for about $800. Not outrageous.
Thats decent compared to other prices ive heard. Ill be shopping around while i save :P What store is that price at?

Nice progress so far! Sub'd
Glad to hear! Thanks man

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CRX

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More pics of car, less pics of friends? lol just playin.
I like where this is going. Tuned in for pics :popcorn: