endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that company's been around for a while now, just not a lot of people in the Honda community have heard of them. I think they used to specialize in the rally cars (Subaru and Mitsubishi) when they started, but they've been branching out over the years

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
that company's been around for a while now, just not a lot of people in the Honda community have heard of them. I think they used to specialize in the rally cars (Subaru and Mitsubishi) when they started, but they've been branching out over the years
Lateral sway bar movement is very common. A miata guy told me to use hose clamps after I told him my sway bar shifted during an event. But I found these randomly, and yeah Whiteline does get overlooked, people usually go to ST, Eibach, etc. But I am surprised that after looking around Whiteline is the only company that makes a bar collar lock.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Video of my old spherical endlinks.

[YOUTUBE="Old Endlinks"]_Hibyrvdb6Q[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the side by side. New endlinks were pretty much bathed in Permatex Anti-Seize.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Nice to see someone take a 4 door to the next level!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've seen pics of a rear bar that has a collar already machined/cast on. I'm THINKING it was Whiteline as well, but can't remember right this moment.
I'd like to install a rear bar and brace on my 99 sedan as well. But, that's a little bit down the road. Need new bushings, shocks, and springs first

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Nice to see someone take a 4 door to the next level!
4 doors need love too.

I've seen pics of a rear bar that has a collar already machined/cast on. I'm THINKING it was Whiteline as well, but can't remember right this moment.
I'd like to install a rear bar and brace on my 99 sedan as well. But, that's a little bit down the road. Need new bushings, shocks, and springs first
I've seen those say bars also with a machined lock collar. I also like there 6th gen setup. Little by little man, one mod at a time.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Haha, just had to share, this packaging for the White Line Bar Collars was funny. It's like a beef jerky resealable bag. Cool gimmick. Going to toss them on tomorrow ASAP.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Made my own Quick Release bumper fasteners because my tabs broke.

Rained all day, still fun day at AutoX, I've never raced in the rain before. Definitely was an awesome time.

Last edited:

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Just picked up some of these good stuff, need to to get a new ITR Master Cylinder before the complete brake flush.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Very happy with the quality of the DC Sport CS2 strut bars. The front is tricky to install. You need to take off the 14mm strut mount nuts and lift the car so the studs reseed down and then hold the bar down and lower the car slowly. Results is a very sturdy front strut bar.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Autocross magnetic numbers for $18, the let choice 6 digits and my number is 535 for I have a full set for both doors. Hopefully they hold up, right?

Installed my White Line lock collars finally, they are nice and tight. No more sway bar movement.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Today: Stripped the rest of the A/C lines, installed ES Shifter Bushings, and Torqued down the front subframe. I have to say I think re-torquing the front subframe actually made the car feel a lot better. Bumps and turns feel smoother not sure of subliminal but to it does. Recommend it if you haven't already.

So much more room for activities
:shock: