10+ Year Member
:thumbs up

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know if you ever found your water leaks or not, but I just got finished chasing down water leaks on my 98 hatch, that seemed like water was coming from nowhere, from between the freakin' body work... it turned out to be the seam sealer along the top drip rails, and all around the seams around the back hatch and the back tail lights was cracked and water was leaking in. You wouldn't think cracks in seam sealer would leak that much, but after removed the old stuff and applied new stuff, most of my water leaks were gone.... still also had to replace the tail light gaskets, and those vent things behind the bumper just below the tail lights were also leaking around the outside edges because the foam gasket was cracked.

But now, absolutely no more leaks for me.

yevangelis

eg ek ek

I cant figure out what i need to connect my gsr sway bar to my em1 links. The rubber bushing (type r) fits tightly over the m10 stud on the link but...

yevangelis

eg ek ek
it turned out to be the seam sealer along the top drip rails, and all around the seams around the back hatch and the back tail lights was cracked and water was leaking in.
Yeah ive heard about the drip rails, ive sealed off the seams around the trunk and fixed the light seals so im thinkin thats it

Although it also seems to come in through the plate trim even though ive resealed that. When i lift the trunk lid after a rain, it drips down into the trunk from the inside of said lid

yevangelis

eg ek ek
Auto leveling steering sensing projectors ftw

Jklol

Ok gots my head back

.003 / .076mm

Little nasties

All cleaned up with emery, and I didn't realize Royal Purple was actually purple haha

KMS keepers holding down Rocket duals caging Supertech seals... Mmmm poetry

yevangelis

eg ek ek
So I decided not to re-engineer what the Honda guys put together in the bottom end, so the short block is untouched. Got a new oil pump and rear main of course.

Oil pan painted

yevangelis

eg ek ek
Y7 is out and pulled the steering rack out to decide how im gonna do with the teg rack. Got a rear disc prop valve in the mail and figurin AC out as I type...

yevangelis

eg ek ek
Swapped the 9 tooth integra pinion in and noticed it uses a roller bearing instead of the civics bushing so i swapped that in as well.

yevangelis

eg ek ek
Got my em1 prop valve!

...not

Mad respect to the ebay seller they sent out a replacement the next day! However the USPS declined their claim without explanation... Get insurance folks!

yevangelis

eg ek ek
Engine is in but running bad, runs better with the MAP sensor unplugged so im onto it...

My tranny cocktail

So my brake setup is gsr with 1" master and booster, ss braided brake lines & em1 prop valve, feels awesome!

Suspension:
Front- GC / koni with extended tophats, J2 aluminum lca, EX arm & swaybar (22mm) with Energy poly bushings everywhere
New upper & lower ball joints
New inner & outer tierods

Rear- GC/ koni, ebay lca & adjustable camber arm, new compensator arm, new trailing arm bushing
Comptech subframe brace and gsr swaybar with new em1 endlinks

Heres a Dorman OE style rta bushing vs. a no name ubercrapper
That junk looked like it was just stamped out of sheet metal

yevangelis

eg ek ek
sooo... nasty carpet is out

the J2s are somehow touching my rotors

and this carpet from the donor civic is in the washer right now