*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. Cuatro

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used a cp filter but im not sure if i paid attention to it. its actually a cropped image of a larger image.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ah, gotcha. I was gonna say, that big patch of sun in the middle is still pretty bright. I want to buy a graduated ND filter but hell...$50 for it? It's so damn expensive but I know it would come in handy A LOT.

I'm just starting to get into histograms and being able to understand them. Would you be able to post that up at all?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im still new myself. if i figure out how then yes i will. i want to buy a flash and do more portraits. but this was just on the whim kinda. i should definitely look into a grad filter myself.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im still new myself. if i figure out how then yes i will. i want to buy a flash and do more portraits. but this was just on the whim kinda. i should definitely look into a grad filter myself.
Word. I just got my D80 and I still don't really know wtf I'm doing lol. But I love it so much that I'm taking more pics than when I had my D40.

I have an SB-600 and a 35mm 1.8G. I should definitely be doing more portrait stuff but I don't know the first thing about it. I really want to buy some white muslin fabric and try doing my own portraits sometime. I need a tripod though too. I could always stack some books on a stool :rolf: :smackself:.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just messing around with my phone... I think they look pretty good for the quality of the camera
Sunset at my girlfriend's house

Through the spokes of a pump jack

Piece of shell I found and thought it'd be a cool pic

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ :thumbs up. I love my external flash. I just have to figure out if I can trigger mine off the camera without hook ups. That would be awesome for shoots.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn!!! Jealous. And john. I started Googling nd grad 's and now I want one! Lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats why i rock sony. My last flash was the FVL-42AM (basically this new flash is the updated replacement) But they both shoot wireless. I love it because it makes photoshoots a breeze for me. A lot less equipment, much easier than lugging around some Alienbees and a battery pack

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn!!! Jealous. And john. I started Googling nd grad 's and now I want one! Lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Haha word! They make a huge difference.

Thats why i rock sony. My last flash was the FVL-42AM (basically this new flash is the updated replacement) But they both shoot wireless. I love it because it makes photoshoots a breeze for me. A lot less equipment, much easier than lugging around some Alienbees and a battery pack
Well some of the Nikon's can. Not sure which ones. I think mine can. I'm not 100% sure. I honestly don't know what term to look for when seeing if it can lol. I know with some of them, you can use a cord and fire them that way. Not sure which models can do wireless though.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha word! They make a huge difference.

Well some of the Nikon's can. Not sure which ones. I think mine can. I'm not 100% sure. I honestly don't know what term to look for when seeing if it can lol. I know with some of them, you can use a cord and fire them that way. Not sure which models can do wireless though.
the SB-900 and SB-700 speedlights can shoot wireless as a master or with a remote commander

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the SB-900 and SB-700 speedlights can shoot wireless as a master or with a remote commander
I don't shoot enough or do anything pro or even semi-pro to justify spending that much on a flash. I'm content with my SB-600. I just googled it and apparently the D80 can shoot wirelessly with the D80. I just gotta turn on TTL. I'll have to try that later!

On another note, I really really took my D40's weight for granted... My D80 with a small prime lens and SB-600 feels so much heavier and different from my old D40 with the same things on it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel ya man. I need my flash way too much especially when im covering the club life downtown. Photography paid it off in two weekends so it was worth the 380 i dropped on my flash.

Here's my cousin's rig rocking the SB-600 too.

My cousin's rig rocking the SB-600 by ks.childstar, on Flickr

took some pics at the mall in the stores just to see who would tell me to stop

Express by ks.childstar, on Flickr

something to eat

japanese delights by ks.childstar, on Flickr

and something to wash it down

cold water by ks.childstar, on Flickr

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice :thumbs up :like:!!!!!

I need to start bringing my camera out more often. I know some stores don't allow photography though. I tried shooting in a grocery store last year for one of the photography contests (which I still won ironically :D) and the store manager told me no :(.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I could see people thinking it, but they wouldn't approach me. being 6'2" 200lbs tends to help with that.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn you tall intimidating people!