f**ked Up My Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

honda_ek9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ey guys...i need help ASAP....i race my friend about like 3 to 4 times...from down shift n stop...n the last time i raced him...my car all of a sudden died...i redlined like 3 to 4 times....hes got a single cam...n i got a b18c....so yea i dontone how it died while racin...so can you guys give me some ideas....thanks alot...

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redlined like 3 to 4 times.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check your timing belt or...
look for a big hole in the block

honda_ek9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check your timing belt or...
look for a big hole in the block
no whole in block and timing is still good...took out all my spark plugs....the first one right next to the distributer is busted...its smashed...my friend said i might juss need new pistons and a new vtec head....

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no whole in block and timing is still good...took out all my spark plugs....the first one right next to the distributer is busted...its smashed...my friend said i might juss need new pistons and a new vtec head....
Do yourself a favor and rip the motor out and inspect it before it is trash. You were treating your motor like trash so you probably have damage inside the motor. It could range from just a busted spark plug, you could have bent rod. I mean at this point you can't tell. You next step is tear the motor down and find the issue.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do yourself a favor and rip the motor out and inspect it before it is trash. You were treating your motor like trash so you probably have damage inside the motor. It could range from just a busted spark plug, you could have bent rod. I mean at this point you can't tell. You next step is tear the motor down and find the issue.
:word: a re-build is definatly the way to go. much cheaper, and you will end up with an almost new motor.

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ouch lol i beat on my all the time and mine hasnt done s**t haha i got 175k miles on it too and still runs like a beauty =)

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do a compression test before you take the motor apart.

honda_ek9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do a compression test before you take the motor apart.
one of my spark plug is smashed or all f**ked up....hahaha...how much do you guys think it would be to rebuild a ITR....average price...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one of my spark plug is smashed or all f**ked up....hahaha...how much do you guys think it would be to rebuild a ITR....average price...
there is no average price, u fix what u broke. thats all there is to it.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is why i dont race because rebuilding a motor is a b***h plus i only have one car that i drive is dd.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what happened when you try to start it?

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OUCH!

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
going to need more than a new piston and a new head.....lol. the head alone is going to run you big bucks. ill buy the motor from ya.....

i suggest tearing the motor down and seeing what damage is there and what needs to be replaced

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well oviously you had piston to plug contact which is usually a very bad sign.........here are some suggestions

1. scrap the motor.....sell it to someone on here, or your friends...someone who has the knowledge, time and money to rebuilt it.

2. take it somewhere to get fixed......but be prepared to shell out some BIG BIG bucks

3. tear the motor down yourself.....if your not very mechanically inclined i suggest not doing this

honda_ek9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well oviously you had piston to plug contact which is usually a very bad sign.........here are some suggestions

1. scrap the motor.....sell it to someone on here, or your friends...someone who has the knowledge, time and money to rebuilt it.

2. take it somewhere to get fixed......but be prepared to shell out some BIG BIG bucks

3. tear the motor down yourself.....if your not very mechanically inclined i suggest not doing this
haha yea...ill see wassup....ill post up some pictures of the spark plugs 2morrow...so yea...

Status
Not open for further replies.