Fair price for a 2000 Si ?

joe.wong321

5+ Year Member
I found a 2000 Civic Si on craigslist of my area
but the thing is I don't even want to test drive it since they ask for 13,000
It's so hard to find a stock civic in my area
How much do u guys think is the fair price for this
http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/346277577.html
If I have enough money, I'll love to have an Si rather than a EX since the B16 get more potential as N/A engine
BTW, I'm a college student that use the car daily

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if there is nothing wrong with it at all, 9-10k seems reasonable just because of the mileage, but im in california and cars are expensive out here

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blue Book is as follows

Excellent Condition $10,860
Good Condition $10,140
Fair Condition $9,185

FrancesTheMute

Banana Hammock!
5+ Year Member
if there is nothing wrong with it at all, 9-10k seems reasonable just because of the mileage, but im in california and cars are expensive out here
Yeah, but your cars are in a lot better shape exterior wise. Every Honda I've ever looked at in MI has rust. I'm going home to Cali just to buy my next Civic. Even if I have to pay more.

joe.wong321

5+ Year Member
Can anyone tell me how much did they pay for their Si ?
I'm sure I know a lot of the ppl here pay way less than the blue book, like two third of it
otherwise I don't think I can get a Si, instead of a Ex

PhatCivic

SOHC TURBO!!!
5+ Year Member
i went to buy a 99 SI last year and it was for 10,200........ since i didnt have that kind os money i bought my 97 civic ex for 4,800 it is in great condition inside and out, but i just wish it had a b16 or even a non-vtec LS engine:cry::cry::cry:

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a b18b1 (ls non-vtec) motor with a tranny is usually ~$800-$1000. pretty cheap. When im out of college i want to buy a hatch, buy a ls motor for cheap and usually a b16 head is ~$350-$400 so thats your ls-vtec motor right there. ls-vtec is pretty cheap and effective.

FrancesTheMute

Banana Hammock!
5+ Year Member
Go with the EX. Boost it and save yourself a little bit of cash. I looked into going with the Si, but I want to experiment with the D first. Just go with what will make you happiest and what you can afford.

1sickeknine

5+ Year Member
if your really looking to buy a car i got mine 4sale 9500
its a 99 civic ex with 77,400 miles
kelly book is 8150......
motor
white valve cover
ls fresh built(3000 miles)
gsr head fresh(3000 miles)
gsr tranny
greddy ls/vtec kit
act 6 puck and act presure plate
skunk 2 pro manifold
aem v2 manifold with k&n filter
trr headers 4-1
apex n1 muffler
spoon sway bar
lets say 3000

interior
si cluster
si climate control(amber)
gsr shift nobe
recaro seats
let say 1100

suspension
jdm 36mm 5 lug conversion
jdm itr rims
skunk 2 coilovers
let say 2300

exterior
honda ctr head lights
honda ctr power folding mirrors
oem si grill
oem si front and rear lip(rear lip not in pics)
stanley signal lights
stanley rear fog
oem mud flaps
cf hood, tunk(not in the pics)
let say 1850

thats 8250 in parts
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/esdelota_autoshoots/FMP-June-2-07/IMG_9596_7_8.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

i know the seat has a water spot(from the day before i went 2 the carwash and the moonroof was cracked open)my dump ass

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have priced civic for the past 6 months or so and I never found a stock SI that did not have a salvage title (being that it was stolen). I felt like I did a good thing by going with a less popular sub model than the SI. I went with the HX (which is gaining popularity) only because I did not want to buy a more expensive hybrid, but still wantedto accomplish the same thing. Think about what you could do to your civic if you bought a much cheaper EX and put the money you saved into it like mods or a stereo or something.

Just a thought, but if you want an SI, more power to you=) A stock SI always turns my head.

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Holy s**t dude, if I were still in the states I'd be all over that thing! That is one badass EX.

Hi

I have a friend selling a Si 99 with a b18c1 motor,clean car,LMK :cool:
Since you are in Iraq you can come to Dubai

cheers

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
drool... that ex is beautiful...i think i just fell in love...white on white looks just as hot as black on black...i think ima go paint my hx wheels white with a red h now...

...hey man, if its still for sale when my 98 coopie dies (*crosses fingers* 223k miles) i'd be seriously interested. i think it won't b around for long, but i might shoot u a pm if it happens netime soon...(i guy can dream right?)

peace n love.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you were in jersey id give you my clean red civic ex coupe with a intake exhaust, shortshifter for 6k.

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
ya 13K is pretty high even for Texas where our cars run higher as well. Most stock SI's run about 13K at dealerships, I've even seen 15K!!!! But 13K with a private seller is alot...I'd throw him like 11 and see what he says....it does say OBO.

ChongEK

5+ Year Member
Clean Ex. $13k for an Si is pretty steep. Like everyone is saying, 9.5k - 10k would be a good price for that Civic. I'd say to wait for the right car to pop up. I picked up a '97 Hatch with a B16 with 52xxx for a little more than $4k and only 74xxx on the chassis.