Fair price for a 2000 Si ?

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got my stock 00 Si with 45000 miles at this dealership in SD for $11000.......it was finance so I'm still paying.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I paid $8500 for mine 3 years ago. But it was in pretty bad mechanic condition and I was told it was in great condition.

joe.wong321

5+ Year Member
seems I can't afford a Si since it sounds I have to pay more than 8k
I used to have a 2000 Ex white one like half year ago
but I was fooled by the Russians and the car is under a salvaged rebuilt title
so I get 6500 back and I paid 7k be4
or do u guys think it's possible to finance that si since it's owned by a private seller ?

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes, just go to your bank, or any bank and ask for a car loan.......if you have good credit, your APR won't be that high. Even if it is from a private seller check that the car is in VERY GOOD conditions cuz you gonna be paying that car for a few years

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you finance, your bank will only give you what the car is valued at.....so you have to come up with the difference if they are asking for more.

jdmgsRrrr

5+ Year Member
f**k the 99 00 si's there overated sloooww and overpriced!!!!! get a hatch with a b18 swap, or get a gsr they look better are faster and cheeper

hatch > coupe

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you finance, your bank will only give you what the car is valued at.....so you have to come up with the difference if they are asking for more.
Not really cuz if the private seller is selling the car for let's say $8000, just go to the bank and ask for a $8000 car loan. Then you have to go back to the bank and showed them the transfer of the title and how much you paid for the car.

forcefanajd

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a b18b1 (ls non-vtec) motor with a tranny is usually ~$800-$1000. pretty cheap. When im out of college i want to buy a hatch, buy a ls motor for cheap and usually a b16 head is ~$350-$400 so thats your ls-vtec motor right there. ls-vtec is pretty cheap and effective.
lol id like to see how long that lasts.:rolf:

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just to let you know ls-vtec's are very unreliable unless you get new rods, pistons(dont have too), then new bearing, pistons rings, the ls vtec kit which is like 120 i think, a vtec sylinoid, and a new ecu. you might as well get a b16 thats reliable and alot stronger. i love it when dumbass put a stock bottom ls with a b16 head on and try to rev to like 8 grand. booom. dumb asses.lol

accord90_22657

5+ Year Member
hey man i paid 7 for mine but it had dents on the quarters but an easy fix for me since i do autobody work heres a pic

joe.wong321

5+ Year Member
I still can't make up my mind of buying a 99-00 civic or 3rd gen integra
Civic
Pros: 5 seats, lighter, probably lower insurance
Cons: way worse engine, not that sporty looking compared to integra
integra
Pros: faster as stock, more race looking,
Cons: cramp back seat, 4 seats only, higher insurance

Can anyone tell me more ?
I like them both.......

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i wouldn't pay more than $9500 for a mint ones or $6500 for a theft recovery one

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k the 99 00 si's there overated sloooww and overpriced!!!!! get a hatch with a b18 swap, or get a gsr they look better are faster and cheeper

hatch > coupe
power windows, power mirrors, cruise control, stock with vtec, rear disc lip, bad ass interior/suspension > none of that

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow...not to rant on you guys but Civic SiR's, your Civic SI, here where i come from, they go for around $9000 and that is Canadian too. thats the price for a 1999 and it is from a dealership where as if it may have been private then it could have been $8000. my brother just about bought a Civic SiR 99' for $8500 and it had mods done to it. just come here to Canada and buy one lol jk.

LS_VTEC_oya

N/A all day homie
5+ Year Member

hatch > coupe

say :word: coulldnt of said it better my self....in socal you can definitley find GS-R's in good condition in the 4000-7000 max price range Si are f**king retarded 9k-13k:???: even swapped out hatches are in the same ball park with the GS-R if not cheaper the only down side is there on the lot no longer than 2-3 days..the Si is a over priced & overrated car but is almost good for what it is...:P