FIND ME A TV! Please?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Needs to be 32 inches, I can't fit anything above 36 inches. Needs to be an LCD, and have good specs, also I would like 3 hdmi's and an optical sound output.

I didn't think it would be so hard to find a good one.

Also, local pickup of 18702 would be swell.

I found this one, but not so sure.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9244668&type=product&id=1218066285003

oh yea! Also needs to be under 850

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
check out walmart, they have ridiculously low prices on their tv's

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ best buy will sometimes have some pretty wicked deals

I bought a 46" Bravia (not 120hz) w/ sony 5.1 surround for 1199

also, can you not fit anything bigger because of the stand? you should never buy a TV because your stand is too small... do it vice versa

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ best buy will sometimes have some pretty wicked deals

I bought a 46" Bravia (not 120hz) w/ sony 5.1 surround for 1199

also, can you not fit anything bigger because of the stand? you should never buy a TV because your stand is too small... do it vice versa
well, I bought the entertainment center with my current tv in mind, then once I got a better paying job (I was jobless at the time, so anything was better paying, lol) I decided I wanted a better tv.

But ya know, my current tv is 27 inches and its big enough for my room, so I'm sure a 32 will work just fine.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not entirely true at all, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
well, its prob regional, depending on the market, and the people in the market, but at my local market they're horrible. I didn't see one over a 15,000:1 contrast ratio, even 1080p sets

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
contrast ratio means absolutely nothing when compairing to different brands. the only reason it is there is toy compare between the same brands. for example sony may say 20000:1 but may be identical to samsungs 1000000:1 (they use the same screen). the contrast ration is only there to show the difference between the specific models within that particular brand. if you want a decent tv i would go with either samsung, sony, or panisonic (in that order) sony will be a bit more overpriced because you are paying for the name and as stated before samsung and sony use the same screen and both look equaly amazing. panisonic is a close third and a pit on the cheaper side. also lg tvs are made by samsung but imo they are too grainy. oh and as for 120hz. i cant stand it. makes everything look fake. and 240hz is even worsse. just me though.

if you want best buy then i would go with one of these.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9231878&type=product&id=1218063831720

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9240225&type=product&id=1218065984220

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9293472&type=product&id=1218076081763

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9222502&type=product&id=1218062424675

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the thing I don't like about the sony's is the fact that they put the hdmi's on the side of the tv... who ever had that bright idea is a f**king a*****e.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
costco wholesale has a 32" 1080p no name hdtv on sale for 399.99 2 hdmi ports.

not sure if PA has costcos;

i read that his morning while taking my daily morning s**t.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope, we don't... and I wouldn't even consider that.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
target has good prices.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Samsung LN32B530 or B550.
4HDMIs and a great tv with full 1080p.
I have the LN40A550 and couldn't be happier.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
samsung ftw.

i have an LN52B750 and that thing is tits

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the thing I don't like about the sony's is the fact that they put the hdmi's on the side of the tv... who ever had that bright idea is a f**king a*****e.
A lot of TVs have inputs on the sides. I have a Bravia and only one of my HDMI inputs is on the side; the rest are on the back.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A lot of TVs have inputs on the sides. I have a Bravia and only one of my HDMI inputs is on the side; the rest are on the back.
:word: my sony is the same way. ive got one on the side and three in the back. they do this so if you decide to mount the tv on the wall, the plugs are easy to get to.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Samsung LN32B530 or B550.
4HDMIs and a great tv with full 1080p.
I have the LN40A550 and couldn't be happier.
Yea I was thinking the LN32B530 actually